'The Bootroom' Issue Three - March

For anyone that's wondering where the latest issue of your favourite fanzine has got to, don't worry! We're in the final stages of production now and are expecting to be ready for release some time in the next day or so. We've had some delays this month (how's that different from any other month? icon_biggrin.gif ), but we've got over everything and I think you'll be very pleased at what we've created with the extra few days.

In case you can't wait, here's a covershot which gives an idea of what you can expect to see inside this month.

Keep your eyes peeled here for more news as we have it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't be too far away now, we are just finishing the final few bits - fingers crossed it will be released this evening.

This months issue is larger still - 80 pages!!

We will keep you updated!

Ginger, im loving the preview!!! It really is a great read! I read the Meon Valley extract and am please my progress with the club was noted!!!LOL

also i wrote about possibly joining the writers early last month i got a reply and replied to it and heard nothing back!

If i can be of assistance for the next issue please let me know!!! Thanks

Just save it to your desktop, or 'My Documents' or wherever you choose. Once it's downloaded, just double-click it and it should open. If you don't already have it, you may need to download Acrobat Reader, which you can get here and then you'll be good to go. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

icon14.gif Another terrific job. Really love kipfizh's naughty challenge icon_biggrin.gif

where can I download the Dynamic skin? Can't see it in the Graphics forum or susie.

Check a few posts up. ScootyWalds has posted a RS link to it.

Originally posted by betterspud:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

icon14.gif Another terrific job. Really love kipfizh's naughty challenge icon_biggrin.gif

where can I download the Dynamic skin? Can't see it in the Graphics forum or susie.

Check a few posts up. ScootyWalds has posted a RS link to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Champion! I clicked on the susie link. Ta muchly - i'll finish reading the 'zine tonight icon14.gif

Hey betterspud, can I point out that, having read your OP, I didn't continue re-reading this thread, so I missed the presence of the issue until it was called to my attention elsewhere.

May I suggest that, for future issues, you reserve the title "The Bootroom Issue X - Month" for the actual "Hey its up" announcement, and make that the OP of its own thread?

"Sorry its delayed" announcements are still welcome, they'd just get their own thread, of course. icon_wink.gif

Read faster!!

The third issue is our biggest to date - 80 pages! and its only a few weeks until we release issue 4!!

(Only joking about reading faster - we hope everyone is enjoying the magazine!)

After a thorough perusal, I can say that Issue 3 is just amazing.

The quality of the articles is maintaining the extraordinary standards set by Issues 1 and 2 - no sense of running out of steam here.

The remarkable thing is the length - a whopping 80 pages of sustained quality. This means that there really is something for everyone.

Excellent general articles and history sections, stuff for graphics fans (I'm really enjoying the skins reviews), superb tactical guides, team analyses - I could even afford to skip over the chapter on the US league due to my anti-American sentiments without feeling that the fanzine didn't relate to me; one article down for me, dozens left to enjoy.

For me, the presentation of the fanzine at the beginning was highly professional, but the creators are not resting on their laurels and continue to look to improve it.

In short, after the actual game itself, 'The Bootroom' fanzine is possibly the best thing about Football Manager. Whether you're a long-standing fanboy, eager noobie or jaded cynic, you'll gain so much from reading this. If you haven't done so already, download it and see for yourself.

Archived