I know I should read other posts first, but will FM09 run on my machine???

Can someone please confirm if the new game will run on my PC: My specs are:

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+, 446mb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nforce 405

If someone can let me know please, as I only have tommorow as a day off, so if I need to upgrade, then 2moro is my only chance to do so before release.

Thanx Guys

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Personally, I would recommend more RAM than the minimum listed above.

No basically, you need much more RAM.

I would suggest you upgrade to 2gb (if your motherboard allows), as memory is cheap at the moment and 2gb will see you through until you buy a new machine.

Go to www.crucial.com, there's a tool on their site that will tell you (hopefully) how much and what type of memory you need :)

I'm not sure about your gfx card either to be honest.

Blimey Guys, thats a quick reply!!

Am checking out crucial.com at the moment

I seem to remember the little 'oik who sold me my PC at PC world(yeah I know), that the RAM was only upgradeable to 1gig

I have just run a system scan on crucial.com and I got this back,

Guaranteed-compatible memory upgrades for your ISTART 1360 Motherboard

We were not able to determine the manufacturer and/or model of your PC, but we were able to complete our scan with information from your motherboard.

512 MB RAM, 3 empty slots

Can someone tell me more info, really wanna get this game, but dont wanna waste my money if my PC cant handle it, runs 08 fine just for the record

Also this,

Maximum Memory Capacity: 4096MB

Currently Installed Memory: 512MB

Available Memory Slots: 3

Number of Banks: 4

Dual Channel Support: Yes

CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD

CPU Family: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ Model 15, Stepping 2

CPU Speed: 2010 MHz

Could be a clue to world peace as far as my PC knowledge goes, what do I need to buy guys?

Thanx Wakers, and other repliers, just been onto the packard bell website, and they are recommending the following ram: DT Memory 1Gb DDR2-667 PC2-5300 DIMM = £34.99 with P&P, I reckon I can find it cheaper than that somewhere tho'

crucial will be cheaper. After you've run the test it shows you the different chips available from them that will run on your machine, they're always nearly the cheapest.

Andy H, when I ran the scan on crucial, I got this msg:

We were not able to determine the manufacturer and/or model of your PC, but we were able to complete our scan with information from your motherboard.

So i am really unsure as to whether to purchase the ones that they recommend,

If I add the ram, is my PC sure to be able to run it with my current motherboard, damn this is confusing me!

Andy H, when I ran the scan on crucial, I got this msg:

So i am really unsure as to whether to purchase the ones that they recommend,

If I add the ram, is my PC sure to be able to run it with my current motherboard, damn this is confusing me!

Yes, at the end of the day, it is the motherboard that limits what components can be used inside your PC.

it was £34 for 3.5gb package

Oh right serves me right for scanning the posts, however absolutely no point in buying that as unless he's running 64bit O/S he's not going to see all the RAM

Hang on, I just checked the post and it says "DT Memory 1Gb DDR2-667 PC2-5300 DIMM = £34.99 with P&P". I know it's late and I still may be missing something but surely that is only 1GB of RAM??

Ive just done another scan on crucial, and it looks like im about to order an extra 3gigs costing me £41 including p&p - is that gonna run on my o/s, to be honest im not sure if im running 32 or 64bit, but am thinking that my pc is AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+, that its 64bit - MAYBE?????

Ive just done another scan on crucial, and it looks like im about to order an extra 3gigs costing me £41 including p&p - is that gonna run on my o/s, to be honest im not sure if im running 32 or 64bit, but am thinking that my pc is AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+, that its 64bit - MAYBE?????

No!!! I would be very surprised if you are running a 64 bit O/S so your PC will only see 3.5Gb of RAM in total. Do you want me to look and see if I can find you the RAM cheaper?? I'll need the make & model of the PC to do it.

Just confirmed my order, now to learn how to install, any ideas???

I am pressuming that your PC is a tower or micro tower but here goes:

Take off the side panel (it'll probably take a couple of screws to be taken out) then slide it off.

Locate your memory banks, (by looking at your new RAM you will see where the current RAM is and the free banks next to it).

Then, taking care to line up your new memory just push it into the vacant bank (Bank = Slot by the way!). If you look at your RAm you will see that there is a gap about 2/3rds or 3/4qrts of the way down the bottom of the RAm, just line that up with the raised part of the bank.

There is only 1 way to insert the RAM just be careful and once lined up then push it into place until it is at the same height as your installed RAM, there may well be two clips at either end of the bank which you will need to un-clip before inserting the RAM then do-up (bad english but can't be ars**!).

Please make sure the PC is turned off at all times, then just close up the PC again.

thanx daley i gutted at min cuz wen ever i try to launch fm09 it come up with error fm.exe encountered problem must close nobody seems to y

Just a word of warning that I'm not convinced that your graphics card will play 3D! But I'll do a check and see if I can find out more.

O rite lol any ideas on y it says fm.exe encountered problem other than graphics card

Right, checked out your graphics card and it should be ok with regards to supporting the DirectX 9.0 Shader which is what has been said that needs to be supported. However at the moment I haven't been able to find that amount of memory it has. There is a thread in the technical forum (in the Bugs forum) that is about the fm.exe issue but I haven't looked at it to be honest so not sure what the messages are around that issue. Your RAM was too low anyway really, but as I said not sure that it is the issue stopping you playing the demo mate.

Will the new ram come with an anti-static band? Whats the best way to earth myself?

No mate, to be honest depending what RAM you purchase you should be ok, but if you just wear some rubber soled trainers you should be ok. If you are worried then the best way around it is to get the RAM from somewhere where they will install it for you (they will more than likely either charge you for installation or just charge you more for the RAM). Without trying to tempt fate mate, I have installed new RAM into loads of PC's and (touch wood) never had an issue.

Oh right serves me right for scanning the posts, however absolutely no point in buying that as unless he's running 64bit O/S he's not going to see all the RAM

Hang on, I just checked the post and it says "DT Memory 1Gb DDR2-667 PC2-5300 DIMM = £34.99 with P&P". I know it's late and I still may be missing something but surely that is only 1GB of RAM??

I hope you didn't order DDR2 667 cause it aint going to fit - you need ddr400 for a Athlon 3200+ board

don't say that, he doesnt have enough ram to run the game at all.

What was wrong with saying that? I only have 448MB of RAM and the game runs for me (albeit slowly :D) but it still runs.

By the way I am not saying that you should not get more RAM as you should as it may still run without but it is not guaranteed and it will be slow.

So to improve your FM experience get more RAM. :D

Im worried now that I have ordered the wrong part, when I asked crucial what memory goes in my computer, i get this:

DDR2 memory with support for DDR2 PC2-5300 speeds.

I just followed the crucial website, and confirmed my order, but I have just spoke with them and I can get a full refund/exchange if they dont fit.

Archived