How Does FM09 Demo Run On Your PC?

I've downloaded the FM09 demo and as with all FM/CM releases I was a little excited... sad I know! I am an unashamed FM bitch and have had hours of fun on each incarnation, even CM02/03 and 03/04 which were riddled with bugs! However, for the first time I am considering not buying FM though not because I am disappointed - but because it is frustratedly slow to run which makes me reluctant to change tactics etc. I've noticed on these boards that people have reported similar problems - e.g.: match engine taking a while to load the 3D etc.

For me I have a 10 second wait for everything I click on inside the match screen, and over a minute wait for the 3D to load. Despite this, the game looks good. I like the press conferences, and don't think they'll become too repetitive. The 3D is a good start, but I wish it wasn't so slow on my laptop. What are other people's experiences of speed? My laptop is about the minimum spec for FM09, so I'm not overly surprised by the poor running speeds...

I'm so tempted to go and buy a new system but 1.4k in my overdraft suggests that's a bad idea...

I've got a dual core 2.41 GHz with 2Gb of RAM and a GeForce 7900 GTX.

It's running smoothly, takes about 10 seconds max. to build up the 3D engine. Mostly it's faster though. Not sure what causes the differences in delay. Probably other programs I have open.

Terribly. Matches seem to take an age and the 2D is ridiculously jerky. But, I have had my PC for over 3 years now, and it was second hand when I bought it. New one is due on Friday though!

Incidentally, I just found out yesterday that I don't even have the capabilities to run the FM07 editor without having to reboot because nothing else will load afterwards.

Runs great. 3D is smooth on my e2160 / 2gb / 8800GT / Vista 64 pc. I am getting the "freeze on submit team" bug on the demo, so I window it for that section and play full screen for the rest. I play 3D classic and sometimes it takes a fraction longer to switch to tactis screen when playing, but otherwise the responsiveness is exactly like 08.

It runs really well.

There is a slight wait as the 3D loads up but no more than say a few seconds, the games play really well with no problems.

Having more leagues will really see how things go though when we have the full game installed, will it slow down then?

The Game saves have been compressed for a while now... that really helps.

The wait for the match engine to load up i guess is the same for everyone whatever their specs... its a pain somtimes but i'm glad we at least have 3D :)

Slow as hell but to be expected with a 3 year old laptop. Probably have to invest in some more RAM though as looking at Task Manager is quite a shock. I had FM 08 saves that got to 2021 with large database and all English Leagues loaded and they did not take up as much memory as a demo save just 4 months in.

I've got a Dell Dimension 5150c

128mb ATI Radeon X600 SE Graphics Card

Pentium® D CPU 3.40 GHz 3.39 GHz

3.00 GB of RAM

Runs fine.

I get an annoying wait for the match engine to load up which is especially annoying as I use the 2d view.

3d works ok, not badly jerty and not totally free flowing somewhere inbetween.

Old PC and FM now runs very slow, even in 2D mode, verging on the forget 2009

CPU, Athlon Thoroughbred 2200+

RAM 1Gb DDR

HD 250 Gb

Integrated graphics Radeon 7000 series, (the problem)

Looking now for a new PC for Christmas, so maybe FM after then.

Archived