Ambassador Idea

Yesterday, i was thinking about some of the older players on my team (Liverpool in 2016) such as the 35-year-old and useless Steven Gerrard and Pepe Reina (33 y/o)

Then, i thought about what would happen to these players in real life because of the fact that they have both been at the club for a long time (Gerrard - career and Pepe - 8 years.) I came to the conclusion that Gerrard may be offered an Ambassadors role, especially if he didnt want to become a coach, and the same could go for Reina due to the fact that hes now a 2 time world goalkeeper of the year.

However, this is not on the game and i think it would be good if it was.

For example, when your payer retires and they have the summary of their career at the club, there could be a button saying "Offer Ambassadors Role" or "Suggest Player for Ambassadors Role" to the board because it isnt really the managers job to employ ambassadors, and i want to stay away from the whole "Football Chairman" game idea :p

Thats my idea for ambassadors roles, sorry if its been discussed before but i couldnt "find" any topics on it

-ZF-

Yesterday, i was thinking about some of the older players on my team (Liverpool in 2016) such as the 35-year-old and useless Steven Gerrard and Pepe Reina (33 y/o)

Then, i thought about what would happen to these players in real life because of the fact that they have both been at the club for a long time (Gerrard - career and Pepe - 8 years.) I came to the conclusion that Gerrard may be offered an Ambassadors role, especially if he didnt want to become a coach, and the same could go for Reina due to the fact that hes now a 2 time world goalkeeper of the year.

However, this is not on the game and i think it would be good if it was.

For example, when your payer retires and they have the summary of their career at the club, there could be a button saying "Offer Ambassadors Role" or "Suggest Player for Ambassadors Role" to the board because it isnt really the managers job to employ ambassadors, and i want to stay away from the whole "Football Chairman" game idea :p

Thats my idea for ambassadors roles, sorry if its been discussed before but i couldnt "find" any topics on it

-ZF-

i didnt really think about that much, but they could be sent to places where you have feeder clubs. e.g. i have feeder clubs in Asia (Japan and China) and i could send them there once a year to raise awareness for the club/promote the upcoming tour of the region.

it also would be "a mark of respect" for a long serving player, and i think that even if they did nothing (even though it would be better if they did) they could be on the information screen under "ambassadors.

I'd love retired players that marked your club "stay" in game and when you’re trying to sign a player by praising him, the retired player should try help you “sell†the club to the target player. He should praise players that would do better than the one’s you have now in your squad but by remaining realistic, and warn you when famous players may be interested into moving to your club.

Retired players should be more present in game, IRL some totally disappear from the surface of the earth, some others only appear for charity stuff, some others can’t stop talking for the rest of their life, some others can’t stop praising young talented players to sign in their former club, some become national manager, some consider you’re the worst thing that ever happened in their career, some will be frustrated because they didn’t had the chance to have a good career and won’t stop moaning about your squad having easier times but underachieving, some will come back with investors to takeover the club and either fire you or help you because you’re struggling despite doing the best with what you have.

I know retired players are used for regens and keeping them will result in a bigger database but I just have the feeling that from time to time a little praise from one of my retired players for a young talent a bit unsettled would do much more than a unreasonable wage increase.

In my game I am always disappointed when the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger etc. just retire never to be seen again. I think the ambassador idea is good. His role could either be solely cosmetic i.e. a line in staff for Ambassador, like chairmen, or you could use him to promote the club abroad, like someone above suggested. I'd love to (in my current game) say to Jean-Claude Darcheville "Suggest J-C D visits the U.S.A. on a merchanise promotional tour."

Or

"Send J-C D to talk to player X and convince him to sign for us."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

Great idea mate.

'SI' sign that guy up.

Zlatan, you deserve a job with SI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, thank you icon_wink.gif

i just dont want some of my better players to not be recognised :p

"Suggest J-C D visits the U.S.A. on a merchanise promotional tour."

Or

"Send J-C D to talk to player X and convince him to sign for us.""

and this is exactly the sort of thing that i would like them to do, but i wouldnt mind if they did nothing and, like Nick... said, we hust got a message.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

Perhaps players would be more attracted to joining your club if they had the ambassador in their favoured personnel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice idea, and it would definetly be something good and simple to add to the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

exactly like Shearer yes

and i think Giggs will become one when he retires, if the reports i have read are not lies :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both Shearer and Giggs are aiming for careers in management though. The "ambassador" thing is really just a title while they are "groomed".

It's a nice idea Zlatan, but entirely cosmetic. There's a lot more SI could do as priorities ahead of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZlatanFollower:

exactly like Shearer yes

and i think Giggs will become one when he retires, if the reports i have read are not lies :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both Shearer and Giggs are aiming for careers in management though. The "ambassador" thing is really just a title while they are "groomed".

It's a nice idea Zlatan, but entirely cosmetic. There's a lot more SI could do as priorities ahead of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree completely, with the confidence bugs n all ;P

this was just a little something that could be put in for nostalgia, but by no means should it take priority over other issues that need sorting out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

It's a nice idea Zlatan, but entirely cosmetic. There's a lot more SI could do as priorities ahead of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cosmetic for sure, but I can't see it requiring much programming. Mentioning Shearer made me think of another - a legendary retiring player could get into punditry, so that a real, named player could make the pre/post match comments and media statements.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Cosmetic for sure, but I can't see it requiring much programming. Mentioning Shearer made me think of another - a legendary retiring player could get into punditry, so that a real, named player could make the pre/post match comments and media statements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another good little point that would add realism without mass amounts of work on the behalf of si

Not trying to start a fight, but are either of you computer programmers to know that these would be simple additions?

Or are you assuming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i cannot say that i am a computer programmers and i do not really know anything about how any of this game is programmed but something so small is not likely to take long i don't think.

All it is, in my idea, is a message with a biography of the players career at the club with a button at the bottom of the screen to click if you wish the player to become an ambassador.

This doesn't seem like a lot of work/programming to me, especially when they can change so much per year and impliment so many new ideas that seem so much more complicated (confidence/lots of new players/new rules etc.)

Archived