Are you doing to be different?

Im a Villa fan and as such always manage Villa.

I then have a dabble trying to get Worcester promoted.

However this time, due to the recent takeover at Man C, I'm planning on taking them to the top of the league.

(I will however have a Villa save to :D)

Hobgob.

I usually manage at the top, but I always seem to vary it. Over the last few years I've managed Manchester United, Panathinaikos and Dinamo Moscow. I managed Roma on the demo 'til the injuries bug ruined my game, and when I've downloaded the patch and got the full game installed, I'll be going back to Roma. So I guess you could say I'm following my usual pattern.

I usually go to Newcastle (not that I support them in real life, but due to their fanbase, resources and prem status).

This time however... its going to be QPR! I'm going to try and build something there without the Prem spotlight being on me when results do not start out so well :)

Im a Villa fan and as such always manage Villa.

I then have a dabble trying to get Worcester promoted.

However this time, due to the recent takeover at Man C, I'm planning on taking them to the top of the league.

(I will however have a Villa save to :D)

Hobgob.

Have another go at the lower leagues. Thats where the fun really is.

Slightly I suppose. I'll be starting with Mansfield rather than Notts County like I usually do, but only because Mansfield are a division further down now.

Boo! :thdn: why not hucknall? there a division below them, for this season any way:D

Boo! :thdn: why not hucknall? there a division below them, for this season any way:D

I was thinking about taking charge off Hucknall for my first them in the new game got them into the league after York City fired me back in FM06. Deciced to for for the start unemployed route with no reputation and see who will be nice enough to take a risk and give me a job.

Depends on what you are comparing "different" to! Man City are very not different to what millions of people will unimaginatively be doing, but I guess it is different to what you usually do.

I'll probably start various saves with some of my usual clubs and see which one actually captures my attention. I usually have ~10 save games that don't even get past pre-season because they don't hold my attention - it can be pot luck really which actually does grab me, depending what kind of mood I'm in and how patient I am when I start the game. Probably I'll start a Werder Bremen game, maybe in tandem with Fiorentina, exactly the same as FM09. I'll no doubt start a Scottish save also with either Hibernian or Kilmarnock or maybe Aberdeen or maybe a manager at all three.

In FM08, for the first time, I actually didn't have an English league going until a couple of months ago when I started at Scunthorpe, but that only went for ~1½ seasons. Dunno if I'll get into an English save in FM09.

Also I usually start a game in Iceland and a game in Norway although my Norway games haven't gone past 2 seasons since CM03/04 and Iceland hasn't gone past 1 season since FM06

Start as Arsenal or Southampton to get a full season feel on the game then start unemployed! I can never truly get into a game unless I start unemployed, adds that little bit of goodness when you win something with a team that offered you a job rather than giving them no choice in reality

i enjoy managing a championship team or 1 div, in 2008 i tried forest and hull, .. getting the club "re-organised", and ready for promotion, and then establishing myself and survive in the premier league.. prefer long games..

all though i cant deny, that i might start a game with Blackburn rovers, the allmighty BRFC i might add ;-)

I normally start a LLM and a Everton game, but i might skip Everton for my local team Burghausen, as Burghausen is in a bad state and actually a challenge i would like to take. While Everton this season has a team i would wish to get rid of 60% of the players and i cant be bothered to play a full season with those guys.

I always start with someone 'easy' at first to get a feel for the game. I can see a season with Chelsea and a season with Man City before the usual task of getting Tranmere promoted.

Always have a network game with a friend, Real Madrid vs Barce and with another friend Inter vs Milan.

So no, nothing different for me.

I ddin't get round to starting unemployed with a plethora of leagues selected on 08 though, so in a few months I'll start a career game I think.

I normally start a LLM and a Everton game, but i might skip Everton for my local team Burghausen, as Burghausen is in a bad state and actually a challenge i would like to take. While Everton this season has a team i would wish to get rid of 60% of the players and i cant be bothered to play a full season with those guys.

Things are starting to look up for Everton now :D... i hope

always go for the challenge and this year is no different. take barrow onwards and upwards!!!!

Will probably have a blackburn rovers save somewhere aswell but lower league over premier league anyday!!!

Soo you wait till next week when your beloved Barrow get knocked out of the FA Cup :D:thup:

C'MON Eastbourne

Have got two demo games running, one with Man Utd and another with At.Madrid, where Forlan rules the scoring charts!!

But when i get the full game and patch will start unemployed with most leagues on........always good to have a real challenge as well!

Like others i'll be starting as a big, rich team. I like to get used to the quirks and the like and try all the new features with no emotional attachment or worrying about finances.

Then I shall return Leeds United to the Prem, and back into Europe. In 08 I managed to win the Uefa cup with them but because of the inability to built a decent rep in under 100 years I couldn't hang on to players long enough to built a good enough Champions League team (got to quarters around 2015). Unless you count the time I pretended that a billionnaire took the club over and gave me an unlimited transfer and wage budget and was Champions League champions by 2011. But I don't count that game.

Anyway, once I've gone as far as I can there I'll be starting unemployed and accepting EVERY job I'm offered and see where it takes me.

Soo you wait till next week when your beloved Barrow get knocked out of the FA Cup :D:thup:

C'MON Eastbourne

we will see my friend we will see.

You coming through for it? (even though nobody knows exactly when it is yet good old FA eh lol) made the nice journey to your spot saturday had a cracking day.

BLUEBIRDS!!!!!

Archived