EPL prize/tv money in fm09?

I already began a thread regarding this issue with a very ambiguous title. For this reason I haven't had an answer to my query:

Is FM09 going to have the relevant English Premiership prize money. I believe this wasn't updated in FM08 even though the prize money change that year.

I think this is highly relevant because of how prize money for finishing positions have doubled in the English Premiership. For example, I believe for finishing top the prize/TV money is around £50mil and just for finishing bottom you get around £25 mil. This would obviously have a massive impact on future transfer/wage budgets.

I hope someone could answer my query because no one seems to know.

I honestly hope not..past 2 versions have been boring career games, obviously because of the regen issues but also because by 15 years time English teams dominate. 5 consecutive all English CL finals even with 55 leagues running is a bit boring if your playing outside of England.

I know its realistic but from MY gamepoint vantage I would rather have a widely varied career in FM09, which is what I'm looking forward to most.

• 3 weeks later...
cant say i remember what i got, didnt get much for finishing 16th in first season, think around 5mil for the place, cant remember TV rights

You say first division? Did you mean English premier league? As I mentioned elsewhere, the team finishing bottom get around £25 mil. This is why so many 1st division sides are spending more to just get into the EPL. It was the '08-'09 season when the prize/TV money increased, but I am sure this wasn't updated on FM08. Just hoping it has been changed in FM09, if not, SI best get on with a new patch because it certainly does not happen IRL.

I haven't bought the game yet...the Mrs is getting it me for Xmas, so I'm waiting patiently.

If anyone else knows the answer to this mystery pls reply.

Archived