"Transfer code completely ripped out"..

Well I've been playing this now for a couple of months (in game time) and have bought and sold several players. I can't see any difference what-so-ever.

Is there any actual difference between this years code and past ones?

well i think its more easy to buy players and cheaper

ive noticed the difference. players who would have been previously un-sellable on fm 08 are easily sellable for thier true value in this version. the AI teams ask for more realistic transfer fee's instead of 30m for a potential mid championship player. i think SI have done well with it as the transfer window is my fave part of the season :D

ive noticed the difference. players who would have been previously un-sellable on fm 08 are easily sellable for thier true value in this version. the AI teams ask for more realistic transfer fee's instead of 30m for a potential mid championship player. i think SI have done well with it as the transfer window is my fave part of the season :D

Yeah that's true when I think about it. I managed to get Lassana Diarra for £5 m..probably in 08 I would of had to form maybe £20 m out. One think I don't like is how Ferdinand is honoured by interest from Chelsea. Fairly unrealistic considering they we're the league and european champions and hes stated more than once he wants to finish his career at Old Trafford.

Well I've been playing this now for a couple of months (in game time) and have bought and sold several players. I can't see any difference what-so-ever.

There are no changes to the options available - it's the code behind that has changed.

This is just my experience...

Buying players in FM08 largely consisted of doubling the value or greater. No-one I have bought came in for more than 150% of their value.

Selling players rarely resulted in good value - the AI just pulled out if you tried to get the full asking price. There is now much more variety. I've let squad players go for 80-100% of their value and one first teamer go for 250% of his value, which seems like a pretty good range to me.

There is much, much more interest in your squad players. In fact before there was virtually none and even giving them away was tough.

The values also seem a lot more sensible in the first place, allowing my cash strapped team to generate enough transfer funds with the sale of squad players to get a couple of first team players.

It does appear that some people are still having the same issues, but I haven't experienced them and to me it feels like they have added the some life into the process.

Don’t forget most team have already spent the vast majority of their transfer budget for this season, so we will probably notice more of a difference in the 2nd season.

indeed they have. i cant wait for a long term game in the full version to see all the added features in thier full glory! the new regens, press conferances after a season or 2, how the AI make transfers after not getting thier set targets from the begining of the season. perhaps this time arsenal will actually buy somebody :D

One think I don't like is how Ferdinand is honoured by interest from Chelsea.

It does seem like players are too willing to make a sideways move. They should generally only look to be doing that if they are unhappy, excessively greedy, or their team looks considerably less likely to do well in the next two or three years.

excessively greedy it is then :D

same applies to stevie me when he only stayed because of death threats and an improved contract :p

I've still occasionally got the old:

I offer £3m

They ask for £4m

I offer £3.5m

They ask for £5m.

Other than that, I like it.

I had that a few times on 2008 and then what I do is offer the 4mil or 3.7-3.8 or 3.9 and it is generally accepted. It sucks you dont get a bargain but on the other hand it probably represent true value... in the sense of... thats what they roughly wanted.

I agree it is a lot easier to sell your unwanted players. It needed to be too.

I've found I can attract players to league 1 who I never ever thought I'd have a chance in hell of signing.

Most remarkably of all though I actually got money for Bruno N'Gotty. I nearly fell off my chair.

Still can't give Barry Hayles away though.

I've had offers for loaning and future transfers. So thats great!

Clubs making an offer €2 million now to loan someone a year and during that year they can buy him for €16 million. Nice!

i did seem unrealistic in FM08 that this never happenend to you. im just looking forward to not having a huge squad of dead wood i cant shift and over 30yr olds that cant play!

can someone tell me if (in real life) it is against the rules to declare interest in a player?

barcelona want kaka', he says he would be foolish to turn down a move to them (like i would ever sell him!)

real madrid wanted Pirlo - they declared interest which made him unhappy, i was then forced to sell him to them coz if i didnt he played crap (i reloaded the game and sold him)

i know this is realistic and is exactly what happened with the berbatov move, but there doesnt seem to be anyway of reporting these teams to the FA or UEFA for this in the game.

i want these teams fined damn it!!!

Archived