FMH 09 Editor

First of all, as a newbie, hello to all!

Very much looking forward to FMH09 coming out on Friday, and almost as excited about getting my hands on the data editor, oddly enough!

You see, I'm one of those annoyingly fussy and 'perfectionalist' types of people who (even though the game's data is largely very accurate) feels compelled to have a thorough edit of the data before I embark on playing the game. For example, I couldn't sleep at night last year knowing that Miroslav Klose had a better CA than Fernando Torres, or that Gilberto Silva was scored higher than Xabi Alonso (no prizes as guessing who I support!)!

For anyone at SI, or for those of you lucky enough to beta-test the FMH editor, could someone please enlighten me a little about this year's editor, whether it allows anything additional to last year (ie. player name/club/CA/PA/DOB, and club name/division/rep)? Will it allow for editing of player positions, manager details (although I know this can be done with changes.txt) or competition names/details?

Also, is the release date of the editor due to coincide with the game's release- ie. this friday?

Thanks

Rich

Hi LSD,

I thought I remember seeing a previous thread from SI offering the chance to beta test the editor (although I may be wrong). I didn't realise people had to sign a confidentiality agreement though, but I guess that's fair enough. Maybe one of the SI team could still kindly fill me in about the release date and features though?

I actually worked as a Championship/League Two research editor on Fifa 09, and I remember not being able to respond to all the speculation about player ratings/appearances/etc on forums for confidentiality reasons, even though I had access to all of the data!

Hi LSD,

I thought I remember seeing a previous thread from SI offering the chance to beta test the editor (although I may be wrong). I didn't realise people had to sign a confidentiality agreement though, but I guess that's fair enough. Maybe one of the SI team could still kindly fill me in about the release date and features though?

I actually worked as a Championship/League Two research editor on Fifa 09, and I remember not being able to respond to all the speculation about player ratings/appearances/etc on forums for confidentiality reasons, even though I had access to all of the data!

Fair play :thup:

• SI Staff

If anyone who beta tested the editor wants to talk about it then I'm happy for them to do so - however they aren't (under the terms of the NDA) allowed to talk about the data used in the game (as some PR stuff is about up coming players and suchlike which might be diluted if such things were posted).

I'll try and ensure that the editor is made available promptly when the games released.

If anyone who beta tested the editor wants to talk about it then I'm happy for them to do so - however they aren't (under the terms of the NDA) allowed to talk about the data used in the game (as some PR stuff is about up coming players and suchlike which might be diluted if such things were posted).

I'll try and ensure that the editor is made available promptly when the games released.

Hi Marc,

Do you know yet when the editor is likely to be made available for download?

Thanks

Rich

Archived