Patch available before Friday 14th?

Just a thought - lots of peeps will likely receive the game 1-2 days early, if it has been pre-ordered, (don't know if mine will be sent early or not as yet).

Is the patch likely to be made available for download as soon as it is ready (12th, 13th or whenever)?

no doubts the SI site will likely be swamped on Friday with peeps trying to download the patch en masse - might be an idea to put it out pre-14th, if it is ready, to stagger the downloading! :)

just saying is all, my FM09 pre-order may/may not arrive pre-Friday anyways! :p

I'll be working Friday anyways, but I *may* be off work on Monday, in order to spend a long weekend "on the job"! :D

it might make sense to release it early to stagger the download, rather than have everyone getting it on release day all at the same time - plus it means you can have it ready and waiting when you do get your copy

it makes sense but i don't think that si will do this.

The patch will be released once it has been verified by our QA team. I'm not expecting this to happen til Friday morning, but if it happens earlier, then it will be released earlier.

That's not ideal.

Going to be waiting around for the patch to be released before starting a game.

There's a patch out already? *groan* no wonder I'm not buying the game this time. It's an overweight, wheezing wreck of a game these days, and I would wager most of the old bugs are still there; regens with crappy physical stats for instance.

For guys at SI need to focus of the basics of the game rather than adding in poorly implemented gimmicks like team talks, "3D" and media interaction.

There's a patch out already? *groan* no wonder I'm not buying the game this time. It's an overweight, wheezing wreck of a game these days, and I would wager most of the old bugs are still there; regens with crappy physical stats for instance.

For guys at SI need to focus of the basics of the game rather than adding in poorly implemented gimmicks like team talks, "3D" and media interaction.

yeah who cares that the majority of people have been asking for 3d and team talks and extended media interaction and that SI have listened to us like they usually do.

because you know perfectly well that if they didn't do that then people would be moaning about that as well

"there's nothign new here, its just a database update. we want 3d etc etc"

That's not ideal.

Going to be waiting around for the patch to be released before starting a game.

Sometimes I drown in despair...what more do you want????

I'm not getting at you personally - it's more an overspill of annoyance at people's attitudes generally.

The patch will be released on Friday (or possibly earlier as Miles said - when it is ready). That does not mean you cannot start a game - SIs patches have always been Save Game Compatible (tm!!). Just means you might get a few injuries and have to spend a little more time than normal entering your managers name whilst deleting the duplicate letters from your keyboard!!!!

Sometimes I drown in despair...what more do you want????

I'm not getting at you personally - it's more an overspill of annoyance at people's attitudes generally.

The patch will be released on Friday (or possibly earlier as Miles said - when it is ready). That does not mean you cannot start a game - SIs patches have always been Save Game Compatible (tm!!). Just means you might get a few injuries and have to spend a little more time than normal entering your managers name whilst deleting the duplicate letters from your keyboard!!!!

I think my post did come across overly ungrateful.

I was just envisaging wasting half a day off work waiting for the patch. Although all patches are save game compatable I beleive it's recommended to start a new game.

Was having a moan at a hypothetical scenario really.

I think my post did come across overly ungrateful.

I was just envisaging wasting half a day off work waiting for the patch. Although all patches are save game compatable I beleive it's recommended to start a new game.

Was having a moan at a hypothetical scenario really.

Correct - it's very much recommended to start a new game. So, in essence, you will buy the game and not be able to start a game. I agree - it's not ideal, in fact it's a bit of a joke.

Correct - it's very much recommended to start a new game. So, in essence, you will buy the game and not be able to start a game. I agree - it's not ideal, in fact it's a bit of a joke.

I wouldn't go that far.

Like I say, fingers crossed by the time I install the game the patch will be up.

I'm more interested in knowing when the demo compatability patch is out? As I'm one of the people having problems (nothing to do with graphics card) I want to make sure the game runs without being in windowed mode and at a fast speed as my quad core 4GB ram machine runs it fairly slow considering the specs.

Has anyone any news on this pacth at all?

The patch will be released once it has been verified by our QA team. I'm not expecting this to happen til Friday morning, but if it happens earlier, then it will be released earlier.

Coolio!! :thup::D

We dont need anymore of these comments thanks, its getting all too bori zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Need any help, im a certified ISEB tester, il do it for free as well :)

Archived