Graphic select option-does it really detect card appropriately? Question for SI.

Hi,

I hope someone can answer this...preferably from si.

I yesterday bought a new graphics card (Nvidia 8800gt) and was under the impression that this would run the 3d match engine easily. The thing is it auto-selects and it seems to not autoselect the highest graphic setting, I have to do this myself.

The question is does the autoselect option by default go with a medium setting and I have to choose high myself, or would it go to high if GFX was capable. My GFX card runs the 3d engine fine when I select high but was just wondering why it autoselects something lower. I don't want to select high for it eventually to crash. I've also noticed slight stuttering-should the 8800gt run the 3d engine fine, if not which graphics card runs it perfectly?

Thanks

Thanks Hobgob.

I think the engine's great-just wanna make sure I'm getting the best out of what i've got.

I've got a quad core, 4gb ram, 640gb hd.

Which graphics card have you got? Do you find that when you select high, the shadows have a kind of (hard to explain) fuzzyness/sharpness/jagged edge?

Cheers

Thanks Hobgob.

I think the engine's great-just wanna make sure I'm getting the best out of what i've got.

I've got a quad core, 4gb ram, 640gb hd.

Which graphics card have you got? Do you find that when you select high, the shadows have a kind of (hard to explain) fuzzyness/sharpness/jagged edge?

Cheers

I've got a quad core, 4gb ram, 1TB HD.

And....8800GT.....did you steal my PC?

Hobgob.

Archived