Staff presence on Forums

The high presence and activity of test/SI/Sega staff on these forums is constantly impressing me. :thup:

I really feel like you're trying to listen to our concerns, with several posts about bugs/issues being responded too quickly and a much higher level of communication than I've experience in any other FM version release.

Please keep up the good work, and don't all dissapear after the game has gone live...

Honestly, in 3 year and a half years I've never seen this much interaction and communication with the community.

After last years forum hate fest I wouldn't have been surprised if SI abandoned the forums altogether.

It'll never be perfect but is more civilised this year, especially when you consider the radical changes to the game.

I agree it is better but still too many people getting hysterical over problems with the demo which were confirmed long ago that they would be fixed in a patch upon release.

The match engine, which is the most crucial part of the game imo, looks to be greatly improved this year and I'm quietly very optimistic for FM2009.

I stayed away last year after the release of FM08, so much hate was unreal!

This year has been better, kudos to SI for sticking with it, I was particularly impressed with the way they handled "will this graphics card work?" when they released the demo, so many people did NOT read the specs but SI were polite and very helpful, as always!

I don't know where they get their motivation from, you click on a forum and you see 500 posts telling you that the piece of work you've spent a year developing isn't good enough...

They'd never say it, but they probably just put it down to a bunch of hysterical malcontent schoolchildren who throw their toys out of the pram whenever it looks like the game wasn't made with exactly them and only them in mind.

They'd never say it, but they probably just put it down to a bunch of hysterical malcontent schoolchildren who throw their toys out of the pram whenever it looks like the game wasn't made with exactly them and only them in mind.

That's unfair IMO. If you're working on a game for a year and still are unable to recognize bugs such as injurys, double lettering and 3d bugs that some discovered within hours of playing, then they have a right to be frustrated.

That's unfair IMO. If you're working on a game for a year and still are unable to recognize bugs such as injurys, double lettering and 3d bugs that some discovered within hours of playing, then they have a right to be frustrated.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I have no problem with frustrated people complaining about the issues they've found. I've complained quite a lot about the injuries bug. But some of the hysterics are insane. Remember, the demo is completely free, so nobody loses any money when it doesn't work. With a patch being released on Friday, by the time people have a paid-for copy installed, the issues should have been dealt with. People just need to calm down.

And anyway, I wasn't referring to people who had problems with bugs. I was talking about those who bitch about the game because doesn't suit their exact needs. There's a lot of that about.

I do not agree with injury bug. I do not have any problems with it.

Double lettering is not a case for me too. Again, no problem.

3D bugs? Do you mean deep crossing? I agree that croses from the deep are bug and other one?

This is still the first edition of 3D. Keepers not diving in penalties? Some strange animations? The ball going through the advert boards?

Those are the place for future improvement.

That's also unfair if you don't know the strictures and processes involved in developing software which lead to these problems.

I do not agree with injury bug. I do not have any problems with it.

Double lettering is not a case for me too. Again, no problem.

3D bugs? Do you mean deep crossing? I agree that croses from the deep are bug and other one?

This is still the first edition of 3D. Keepers not diving in penalties? Some strange animations? The ball going through the advert boards?

Those are the place for future improvement.

6 injuries in my first ever friendly tells me that maybe there is a slight, ever so slight injury bug.

Really? Maybe you should post a bug report and see if they will investigate it.

Oh god, I've turned cynical. I'm sorry :(

I don't have the injury bug anymore after I tweaked my training a little.

I'm really starting to believe that it's not a bug, but that people just make a flawed training schedule, especially pre-season.

Archived