Any plans to add player tactic options like "cut inside" or "drift out wide" etc etc?

I can understand the decision to get rid of the arrows of previous games but it does feel like a whole layer of tactical depth has been removed. You cant now have AMRs that act like forwards (like Agbonlahor) or MRs that cut inside regularly (like Joe Cole).

Are there any plans to at least have the option to use old school arrows, or have specific player instructions or tick boxes, like "cut inside" or "drift wide" or tell an AMC to "drop back when not in posession" etc etc? This, personally, has a major impact on my enjoyment of the game, anyone else feel the same??

Rest of the game is great btw, like the 3d engine, press conferences, new player ratings

Cheers

Fair play the points about Joe Cole, but there are obviously hundreds of players out there who dont have personal moves and who you would want to mould in a certain way and give new specific instructions to. Like, for example, what Martin O'Neill has done to half our squad. I see adding these options as absolutely necessary myself...

Fair play the points about Joe Cole, but there are obviously hundreds of players out there who dont have personal moves and who you would want to mould in a certain way and give new specific instructions to. Like, for example, what Martin O'Neill has done to half our squad. I see adding these options as absolutely necessary myself...

That's why players can now learn PPM's. If you've got a winger that you want to get into the box in a Ronaldo style then you get them to learn the 'Gets into opposition area' PPM.

Also, from what I've heard, if you play a right footed player on the left wing they'll be more likely to cut inside, just like in real life. Same goes for a left footer on the right wing.

There's a ppm that says gets in opposition area.

This does the same thing if you ask wide players to learn it.

but it isn't the same, is it?

cut in - with the ball

get into opp area - off the ball

i think PPM 'runs with ball through centre' is the most similar to 'cuts inside', which buy the way, never worked from my observations.

I can understand the decision to get rid of the arrows of previous games but it does feel like a whole layer of tactical depth has been removed. You cant now have AMRs that act like forwards (like Agbonlahor) or MRs that cut inside regularly (like Joe Cole).

Are there any plans to at least have the option to use old school arrows, or have specific player instructions or tick boxes, like "cut inside" or "drift wide" or tell an AMC to "drop back when not in posession" etc etc? This, personally, has a major impact on my enjoyment of the game, anyone else feel the same??

Rest of the game is great btw, like the 3d engine, press conferences, new player ratings

Cheers

I agree 100% with jacko

but it isn't the same, is it?

cut in - with the ball

get into opp area - off the ball

i think PPM 'runs with ball through centre' is the most similar to 'cuts inside', which buy the way, never worked from my observations.

Just a question of how you interpret it.

You can get into the opposition area with the ball as well as without.

of course instructions as stay wide or cut inide or drop back must be referred to attacking or defensive situation when the player has not ball possession. in this way we could forget the arrows and have very realistic manager instructions. of course players with good mental attributes will react in a better way than players with low "movement without ball" attribute.

I doubt it could be implemented in FM 2009 but SI could work on it for the future. thanks.

i dnt want to stress telling my player to learn a ppm which i cant turn off at will and i dnt want to put his creative freedom low because that will obviously force a player like ronaldo to stop doing the stuff he is capable of. it would be much better idea to just allow this as a tactical option with the a slider such as the long shots, corssing ball and forward run.

but there are also 2 types of cutting in being discussed here and that is cutting in with the ball and cutting in to recieve the ball and potential have a shot on goal or pass the ball across the box for a easy tap in.

i wud like an option for cutting to recieve through ball and score in the type of way ronaldo does for man utd at times.

The thing is though, I doubt Ronaldo and players like him cut inside or into the penalty box because their managers tell them to. they do it because it's part of the way they play, if it works the manager goes with it and gives them more free reign to do so, possibly even adjusting his tactics to accomodate this. If it doesn't work the manager will tell him to stop doing it.

That's why this should be a PPM imo rathar than a tactical option that allows the manager to dictate to a player, on a scale of 1-20, how often they want them to get into the box. And if a player has the 'gets into opposition area' PPM and it doesn't work for you then you can now ask the player to 'unlearn' that PPM. So the real life situations that I described above are accounted for already in the game.

Archived