Where do you hover your cursor?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Across 15 years of CM/FM I have always been a superstitious mouse cursor hoverer, and I know many other people on here as well.

Where do you hover your cursor in FM09? Have you found a winning place to hover?!

Mine is just to the left or right of the timeline, depending on if I'm home or away.

I'm generally too busy combing the stats to hover my cursor :)

mine's over the pause/play icon ;)

I did that to begin with, but I wasn't winning, so I had to change my luck by changing the cursor default position.

Yes, I'm aware I'm mad.

come on people. we do this. especially during penalties - does clicking/swivvling/swooshing over player/keeper work?! More to the point, do we think it does...

Swooshing over the penalty takers head clearly distracts him!

Funny how you forget the things you do so often when you're not actually playing the game at the moment! I think I always move the mouse to sit ontop of my team's name at the top of the screen. I think that is just habit, from the days when you could click there to change your team's tactics and it would pause the game while you do it. Now I have to rush my cursor to the pause button and then click for my tactics!

Behind the opposition's goal. Although lately I've stopped doing it regularly.

Same here, I used to do it all the time. Now I just hover it behind the byline somewhere. It's never on the pitch though, unless I'm clicking a player to check his name or clicking on my one of my own players as a way of saying "pass to this guy here, you clowns".

Across 15 years of CM/FM I have always been a superstitious mouse cursor hoverer, and I know many other people on here as well.

Where do you hover your cursor in FM09? Have you found a winning place to hover?!

Mine is just to the left or right of the timeline, depending on if I'm home or away.

bloody hell! i thought it was only me that did that! lol. i used keep my cursor just left of the pitch. i felt it was unlucky to have it on the pitch. with demo ive been keeping it on the 'pause' button. seems to be working fine for me.

lol, cant believe people are as insane as me, epic post, i always have mine over the pause button. Would like to say its for reasons of changing my tactics but the sad truth is that if i have it anywhere else on the screen i blame anything that goes wrong on that.

when highlights occur I always move the mouse so that the 'pointy finger' of the cursor is at the intersection of the halfway line and the bottom side of the pitch :)

This, obviously (!), gives the match engine an impression I am impartial and causes it to not bias the resulting passage of play against me ;)

Mine's right on the tactics button - I need to be able to click it quickly in case anyone gets a 'minor knock' and they keep on aggravating that broken fibula whilst the game grinds away relentlessly.

Mine's right on the tactics button - I need to be able to click it quickly in case anyone gets a 'minor knock' and they keep on aggravating that broken fibula whilst the game grinds away relentlessly.

wouldnt it make more sense to have it on pause for this reason? you see someone get a knock you pause it right away and then make the change this ensures it gets made at first possible chance.

i dont know but funny story, im a bircklayer and we had a health and safety test on computers, some old folks didnt know how to use computers, so when one old chap was told to click his mouse on question A he actually put his mouse on the screen and said im clicking but its not working.......old ppl for u.

wouldnt it make more sense to have it on pause for this reason? you see someone get a knock you pause it right away and then make the change this ensures it gets made at first possible chance.

Football knows no 'pause' or 'time out'. I'm a hard core LLM :cool:

I have found a winning hover position! On the play/pause button on the timeline.

Woo!

Damn! I lose then! Mine is juuuust to the right of the pause button in case I press it by accident... but close enough to click if an emergency!:cool:

A bit lost when I watch on TV mode in 3D though - not sure where to have it now hmmm...

Archived