So activation starts 0000 Hour 14th November 2008 GMT or depends on where you are loc

Since it starts according to GMT

It depnds on where you're located

0000 GMT happens at the exact same moment everywhere in the world. If the game was released/activated everywhere in the world at 0000 GMT everyone would be getting it at the same time. If it is 0000 GMT for someone in the UK, it is also 0000 GMT (or 0100 CET)for someone on the continent.

Sorry for going semantic.

0000 GMT happens at the exact same moment everywhere in the world. If the game was released/activated everywhere in the world at 0000 GMT everyone would be getting it at the same time. If it is 0000 GMT for someone in the UK, it is also 0000 GMT (or 0100 CET)for someone on the continent.

Sorry for going semantic.

What he said!

Everyone can activate at the sametime no matter where they are.

What he said!

Everyone can activate at the sametime no matter where they are.

Most of us will get it at the same time but SI have a list somewhere of some countries that will get it later, there's only a few though.

Now I've gone semantic and I'm normally anti-semantic.:D

Why must it be 0000GMT why can't it be 0000 local time 14th nov? since they say its 14th nov... singapore reach 0000 14th nov earlier than uk so shldn't we get it first?

That would be nice, as we'd get it a lot earlier. I don't mind getting it at the same time as the UK though, at least we're not behind. Plus they'll be staying up to the early hours of the morning to play it for the first time, we'll get to play it all day.

nobody has to wait. even if you are in a different timezone than GMT you will still be able to activate it at the same time as anyone else in the world. just because your time is gmt+5 or something like that doesnt mean you have to wait 5 more hours. its just that its a different time where you are to us.

nobody has to wait. even if you are in a different timezone than GMT you will still be able to activate it at the same time as anyone else in the world. just because your time is gmt+5 or something like that doesnt mean you have to wait 5 more hours. its just that its a different time where you are to us.

YES I KNOW. I AM SAYING if I am ahead of GMT by 8 Hours, I will reach 0000 Hour of 14th Novemeber 8 hours earlier than GMT. The game was slated to go LIVE on the 14th of November 2008. So I was wondering if I whose location is 8 hours aheads GMT and thus will reach 0000Hour 14th November 8 Hours ahead of GMT will be able to play the game at 0000Hour 14th June Local time (singapore). or do i have to wait till 0000hour GMT which is 0800 local time?

YES I KNOW. I AM SAYING if I am ahead of GMT by 8 Hours, I will reach 0000 Hour of 14th Novemeber 8 hours earlier than GMT. The game was slated to go LIVE on the 14th of November 2008. So I was wondering if I whose location is 8 hours aheads GMT and thus will reach 0000Hour 14th November 8 Hours ahead of GMT will be able to play the game at 0000Hour 14th June Local time (singapore)

It's pretty obvious that you will have to wait until 0000 GMT, as that's when the authentication begins. You will not be able to play at GMT-8.

What's so great about it.

We're dictating when the rest of the world can play a game based on OUR timescale :cool:

It's pretty obvious that you will have to wait until 0000 GMT, as that's when the authentication begins. You will not be able to play at GMT-8.

Its not really obvious. I am sorry but I may have missed out on some important information. Maybe you can quote any of SIGAMES or SEGA personnel saying authentication will start at 0000 GMT.

We're dictating when the rest of the world can play a game based on OUR timescale :cool:

Who are "you" to use the "we".:rolleyes:

YES I KNOW. I AM SAYING if I am ahead of GMT by 8 Hours, I will reach 0000 Hour of 14th Novemeber 8 hours earlier than GMT. The game was slated to go LIVE on the 14th of November 2008. So I was wondering if I whose location is 8 hours aheads GMT and thus will reach 0000Hour 14th November 8 Hours ahead of GMT will be able to play the game at 0000Hour 14th June Local time (singapore). or do i have to wait till 0000hour GMT which is 0800 local time?

you have to wait until 00:00 GMT to activate it.

whati said is not official no but its an educated (or not so educated) guess

A guess it is. But SIGAMES and SEGA must know this game ain't only catered to the Europeans. Its a game played world wide, their revenue ain't only from Europe. They must also take into consideration gamers in the earlier time zone then them. 14th November 2008 became a very loose information since the day DRM was announced for FM2009

A guess it is. But SIGAMES and SEGA must know this game ain't only catered to the Europeans. Its a game played world wide, their revenue ain't only from Europe. They must also take into consideration gamers in the earlier time zone then them. 14th November 2008 became a very loose information since the day DRM was announced for FM2009

The authentication services is most likely going to be one central point that deals with all the authentication world wide, for this reason it makes sense for one time regardless of adjustments that the authentication service is switched on.

Archived