players over 30

Ok so on FM 2008 most will have probably noticed that nearly every player no matter how good he is will see a massive drop in stamina and other stats once they reach 30. They stop being able to play full games even just twice a week without being at around 60% fitness after a match whereas the year before they would be at around 75%-80% after a match.

So i used to just sell them which is a waste and not very realistic.

To my point now... I play as newcastle united and we have a 33-34 year old nicky butt in our team. Now i played him in all pre season friendlies and i also played him in every prem match and it doesn't seem to work like it did in FM 2008 where a 34 year old player would be just useless no matter how good he was before he hit that 30 year marker. I hope it's like that for other players to be honest because i was sick of having to sell my 30 year old players that were fantastic just because i knew that in a few months time they would be OAP's and not be able to play matches fully.

Ok so on FM 2008 most will have probably noticed that nearly every player no matter how good he is will see a massive drop in stamina and other stats once they reach 30. They stop being able to play full games even just twice a week without being at around 60% fitness after a match whereas the year before they would be at around 75%-80% after a match.

So i used to just sell them which is a waste and not very realistic.

To my point now... I play as newcastle united and we have a 33-34 year old nicky butt in our team. Now i played him in all pre season friendlies and i also played him in every prem match and it doesn't seem to work like it did in FM 2008 where a 34 year old player would be just useless no matter how good he was before he hit that 30 year marker. I hope it's like that for other players to be honest because i was sick of having to sell my 30 year old players that were fantastic just because i knew that in a few months time they would be OAP's and not be able to play matches fully.

I'm pretty sure this has been fixed to a degree in 09, as there were a lot of complaints about the way older players declined, like Maldini etc.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57255

Might want to check out that thread. Especially posts #29 & #31 by Riz, which seems to explain it.

Cheers

Archived