Tranfers harder on FM09

Is anyone else finding it harder to but players on FM09, whereby AI Clubs are asking for really high prices for there players. An example of this is when i make a bid for someone and they come back with a higher offer, so i try to go for an offer between there's and my orignal bid and then they come back with an offer higher than they did in the first place!

personally i think its better, if they dont want to sell and they name a high price pull out of the transfer. You can actually get some really good players, players that are really important to a team for just 2-3 million more than what they are worth instead of nearly always having to pay double what they were worth which imo is much much more realistic.

Good up and coming star i found by the way was axel wistel(spelling?) 19 year old midfield player listed as indespensible to the team worth 1.9 million. I offered 3 million and they accepted straight away. Depends on the team your trying to get a transfer from i suppose some can say no, some just need the cash.

Is anyone else finding it harder to but players on FM09, whereby AI Clubs are asking for really high prices for there players. An example of this is when i make a bid for someone and they come back with a higher offer, so i try to go for an offer between there's and my orignal bid and then they come back with an offer higher than they did in the first place!

That is the problem that everyone complained about with 08, still there with 09 but, from what I have seen, nowhere near as bad

personally i think its better, if they dont want to sell and they name a high price pull out of the transfer. You can actually get some really good players, players that are really important to a team for just 2-3 million more than what they are worth instead of nearly always having to pay double what they were worth which imo is much much more realistic.

Good up and coming star i found by the way was axel wistel(spelling?) 19 year old midfield player listed as indespensible to the team worth 1.9 million. I offered 3 million and they accepted straight away. Depends on the team your trying to get a transfer from i suppose some can say no, some just need the cash.

Which is funny. I know the Belgian transfer market and trust me, Witsel will not be sold for anything less than 10M pound or 13M euro. The Sun reported that Man Utd is willing to pay 16M pound / 20M euro for his services, which is the same amount that Everton had to pay Standard for Fellaini. And his stellar performances of the last few weeks will not lower his price.

Devour only about 4-5 million i have to bought him 10 Million + 50% percentage profit of next sale

and others players

they`re asking too high but IRL they can be cheaper...

Again, IRL Defour will not be sold for anything less, at least if it's English pound we're talking about. Standard already sold Fellaini for an amount higher than their overall budget. They're not in desperate need of cash and they won't sell all of their star youngsters (Witsel, Defour, Mbokani,...) in one season after already having sold Fellaini.

IRL Arsenal already offered 10M pound / 12M euro for Defour. An offered that was politely declined.

I think 09 handles transfers much more realistic than previous versions.

I bought Joao Moutinho for £12 million in my first game, in my second game I tried that again, but this time they asked for much more.

The reason I think was because they already sold 2 good players in that save.

When a team doesn't want to sell a great player irl you also have to pay much more.

Sometimes they just refuse (Madrid's offer for Ronaldo).

Again, IRL Defour will not be sold for anything less, at least if it's English pound we're talking about. Standard already sold Fellaini for an amount higher than their overall budget. They're not in desperate need of cash and they won't sell all of their star youngsters (Witsel, Defour, Mbokani,...) in one season after already having sold Fellaini.

IRL Arsenal already offered 10M pound / 12M euro for Defour. An offered that was politely declined.

Agree. Many people here have no idea of the real value of players. It all depends on how much the club wants to keep them and how much the club thinks they can milk for them.

To the original poster:

I find that not only are you correct, but also when an AI team bids for your player they offer well below current value (often by millions) even if the player is not unhappy or is not listed. However when you offer a lower amount than the one stated for ANY player that is not listed or unhappy it is rejected.

I would be more willing to let a player go (and accept one of these offers) for perhaps a bit less than his listed price if I knew that any club would do the same.

Any thoughts anyone?

However, there is definitely a problem with the system. I too have experienced AI teams almost doubling the price each time I try to negotiate a price. E.g. 20k, then 33k, then 60k, then 90k etc etc. It's just silly.

If you submit a transfer offer, then other clubs will become interested. The more clubs become interested the more they will ask for the player.

Actually if other clubs become interested in one of my players that i do not wish to sell, i increase the price too with every offer they make.

The more clubs become interested the more it is an indication that the player may actually have a high potential.

when an AI team bids for your player they offer well below current value (often by millions) even if the player is not unhappy or is not listed.

Any thoughts anyone?

Can you blame them for trying? Every club will try to make a profit by selling their players above their value and buying players below their value.

I had Lyon asking for an overpriced $90m for Benzema for my Arsenal squad. Although I understand that they lost Ben Arfa to Marseille earlier in the season but that is just too much to ask isnt it?

It basically means they really don't want to lose him. It's like you setting the sale value of a player to the highest available value, to discourage teams from coming after him. Realistically anyone would accept that kind of money, but they don't expect anyone else to pay it

I played as Man City in the demo I did same as you offered in between my offer and what they wanted and they came back wanting more money than they asked for originially. I offered what they asked for in the first place and got the player where as in 08 they would just keep increasing the asking price.

It basically means they really don't want to lose him. It's like you setting the sale value of a player to the highest available value, to discourage teams from coming after him. Realistically anyone would accept that kind of money, but they don't expect anyone else to pay it

Described perfectly.

From the little I can tell after the short demo option, I find the transfer system quite good. Amounts seemed mostly reasonable and the amount of transfers itself was also acceptable.

But then again I was happy with the 08 transfers as well ;)

i think the transfers are a bit too easy on this one if anything, because in the demo i managed to buy some really good players for a lot cheaper than they could be bought for in real life.. but that makes it a bit more enjoyable i suppose rather than always having to pay over the odds..

and also I noticed that you can't offer players way below their asking salary on FM09. On FM08 my scout would say i could offer $40,000- $55,000 a week for this player, then when the contract screen comes up the player would ask for $100,000 per week for example with a sign-on fee of $2m. Before you could just scrap the signing-on fee then offer him anything from $40,000 to $55,000 and he would gladly accept. This season, on the other hand, is much harder since they would either insist on the $100,000 or end negotiations with you. I have no qualms about that and I think its more realistic although sometimes i wonder if the scouting is as accurate as the previous version.

You try to buy anyone off of me no matter how much there value is ill ask 50mil for a 500k player. If I dont want to sell you got to offer silly money so the chairman steps in.

But saying that if im trying to scramble a few million together to get someone I really want ill cut the price of some decent backup players just to get rid of them and get cash/wage allowance to get who I want.

So in my example im the rip off merchant until it suits me to sell players cut price. If this is what is happening with the AI then id say its bang on.

Exception include... trouble makers / want to join big club players / unhappy players. They get sold at market rate just to get shot.

I dont see a problem with the way the transfer system is.

Some examples are Veloso and Guilherme.

With Veloso he is valued at £5.5 million, and if you are a top club ie Man Utd, Arsenal etc and you bid £10 million Sporting will reject it, immediatly the player will become unhappy and you can sign him for between £10-13 million when that happens. In real life Sporting are asking for around £17 million + for him which is what Id expect from the game too except for the fact the player is unhappy. Maybe the game is taking into account the size of the club bidding and the happiness of the player.

Now for Guilherme, his value is around the same as Veloso but you wont be getting him cheap. I offered them £12 million which I think was a fair price and they reject, he didn't become unhappy so I offered them £15 million and they came back saying they wanted £22 million (his release clause). This is a lot more realistic when you look at the good young players in Brazil. Diego, Robinho, Pato were all young and already proved themselves but didn't get unhappy when a top European side came in for them, so their respective clubs turned round and said "we want you to play their release clauses".

So what Im getting at is maybe the transfer system is now working the way it would in real life depending on the players happiness and even the way an entire league works.

Didn't they do exactly this with Man Utd after the Euro's? I'm sure I heard figures of around £90mil floating around despite a pretty poor showing from him.

To the original poster:

I find that not only are you correct, but also when an AI team bids for your player they offer well below current value (often by millions) even if the player is not unhappy or is not listed. However when you offer a lower amount than the one stated for ANY player that is not listed or unhappy it is rejected.

I would be more willing to let a player go (and accept one of these offers) for perhaps a bit less than his listed price if I knew that any club would do the same.

Any thoughts anyone?

I can tell you that this is exactly how it works IRL, though of course players don't have fixed values with which bids could be compared. :)

i wrote this in another thread but probably should of put it in here.

i wanna know if the 'declare interest in a player' is against the rules in real life?

real madrid and barcelona are declaring interest in my players (AC Milan) and are trying to make them unhappy so im forced to sell em (pirlo).

No, you are always free to talk to the press. That's what it does.

It is against the rules IRL to contact the PLAYER and make offers to him. That you can't in the game :)

Archived