Weird FM 08 WP,transfers bug?

Ok I've been dealing with this for a long time now and just now feel as if I should mention it.

I'm still playing FM 08 and at different points in the game, foreign players in all leagues that use work permits (England and Scotland, Australia, etc.) all of a sudden are unable to be used.

"Foreign player" means, if in the UK, any non-EU player, or in Australia, any non-Australian.

It all happens at once. Now you can temporarily fix the problem by offering the affected players new contracts, but most will either:

a) want a salary raise

b) refuse to sign a new contract

c) be approaching an age where you don't want them beyond their current contract.

and soon it will happen again. Ditto the salary raise, etc...

And it gets so freaking frustrating! I mean all players are affected, especially teams in the top four as all of a sudden they couldn't use players like Nani, Anderson, Tevez, Mascherano, Drogba, Kalou, any of Arsenal's African players, etc... and my Newcastle side was hugely affected too.

Also, transfers have been affected. Transfer histories from some seasons have been completely erased, and some current ones won't show up on the club transfer history (in/out season by season) page. Also, some future transfers are just abandoned. I can't sign some players because "they have already accepted a contract offer" even though they haven't.

It's not a pre-patch thing because I've got all the patches and this happens in every new game I create.

I've been searching and can't really find anyone else having this problem... is this just my computer or something?

Archived