Direct X

Im trying to download the demo on my new laptop but the mobile broadband i'm using takes ages to download anything. Ive copied the set up file from my old pc onto a menory stick and put it on laptop but its taking hours and hours to download direct x (i'm trying to download steam now but it seems to be stuck on 16%!). If i install fm08 will it automatically put direct x on my system?

Dont think so , Direct X only takes around 15 mins to download (depending on your PC specs)

Not for me mate, after 3 hours i got the time down to 1 hr 27 remaining then it shot up to 2 hrs 18 so it went off. Got laptop to play fm and thought id go for the mobile broadband when i'm not at home (which is quite a lot) but seriously considering taking it back as not fit for use. mobile broadband looks toss to me!

Bloody steam been stuck on 16% for about 40 minutes now.guess im destined not to play demo!!

Just wondering whether you heeded my warning about signing up for a 'free' laptop? Did you checkout how much you'll pay if you go over the tiny allowances?

I did my friend, its not too bad if you go over your limit but to be honest any downloading I need to do i do at work,and i don't do that much so i will be very suprised if i go anywhere near half my limit. just want to get the demo up and running but its proving a bit hard at the moment!!

Dont think so , Direct X only takes around 15 mins to download (depending on your PC specs)

Are you still using dial up networking? 15 minutes seems awfully long to me. I can download it a lot quicker than that and I havent got the fastest broadband connection.

Are you still using dial up networking? 15 minutes seems awfully long to me. I can download it a lot quicker than that and I havent got the fastest broadband connection.

Not really in the know about computers Trekman, I'm using 3G wifi (with a dongle thingy) how would I check if I'm using the right network?

Thanks

Archived