World footballer of the year

Looking at the choices I got in my demo, apparently in FM09 the World Footballer of the Year is all about average rating and ignores reputation, while World Player of the Year is all about reputation and ignores average rating.

Something's a bit broken here, reputation should be by far the most important thing in both awards, that's just the way it is in real life. I do understand the France Football award should be a little bit more linked to average rating, as it usually seems to reward more the guys that deserve it compared to the FIFA award. ;) But this is too much.

Sagna is one of the best( if not the best) right backs in the world. Makes sense to me.

That's hilarious!

In all honesty, some of the best RB's in the world are Maicon and Ramos, and none of them would ever come close to winning such an award. It seems fundamentally flawed and I also get the impression it doesn't take the first half of 2008 into account, which it should.

A got a message saying,

''The players who have been nominated for World Footballer of the year are:

David Villa

John Terry

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Arjen Robben

and

Kevin Doyle (???)

I mean this is really unrealistic. Plus crazy

This is the best example of how crazy it is. Plus its very funny :D

A got a message saying,

''The players who have been nominated for World Footballer of the year are:

David Villa

John Terry

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Arjen Robben

and

Kevin Doyle (???)

I mean this is really unrealistic. Plus crazy

I'm just glad the FM engine has the insight to know when things are f'd up, they generated the list of candidates and when it got to Kevin Doyle it simply bolded it and put ??? after his name, as it should rightly have done.

Archived