Is There a Corner Cheat in FM09?

I find i score quite a number of corner goals. I do make an effort to get my set piece settings correct to maximise the potential of scoring. However, when Kolo Toure has scored 5 (4 from corners) and Gallas has another 2, and Djourou has another 3 standing in when Gallas has been injured, all this in the half season demo, I am not sure whether I am using a variant of a corner cheat in FM09 or my corner settings are paying off in a big way. Anyone has an opinion on this?

IMO everything is a cheat that the CPU doesn't use in his tactic to gain adventage. As for me the corner tactics are cheats. This is never a problem for me, because I just don't use them, but SI should short this out, because when FM Live comes out it will be pointless to play games with everybody using these tactics.

I do see variation despite all those corner goals. I am hopeful it is not a cheat, because if i unintentionally used a cheat, then it will be disappointing.

i know what you mean, i just thought i had brilliant corner tactics!

• 2 weeks later...
We introduced a separate man marking instruction for corners in order to prevent this as a result of feedback from FML.

So is this to say that it has been toned down/ hopefully eliminated from this year's FM09 version?

If it is impossible to eliminate from the actual code of the game (due to balancing issues etc) why can't the relevant buttons (ie challenge keeper, aim corners etc) just be removed with the next patch, if there is to be one?

I seem to be hearing different things from different posters.

Are you referring to something specific to FML where you can give out individual marking assignments to each player, or the instruction that was in FM08 as well as 09 to "Mark Man". The reason I ask is because 'Mark Man' does not seem to be a solution to the problem. Unless you can set your stronger ball winners to mark a specific player who is standing on your keeper, he's still going to knock in 20 a season.

• 1 month later...
There definetely is. Ramon is my CB at Benfica and just scored 11 goals in 28 league games in one season.

Compared to '08 that's not a lot.

I'd have to say that there is no corner cheat that I can find this time round, a defender getting 11 goals in 28 games could just be down to a lucky season tbh.

Archived