Train New Position 10% of Workload

if a player was not accomplished or natural in any position at the start of the game, then he has to be trained to be so. However, in the last game, and I believe in this one too, you have to mantain this positional training perpetually or else the player loses the ability to play in the new position.

Now what happens in this version is that a player on positional training has a higher training load. So in this case, is it still worth retraining players to new position since he would perpetually have to be on a higher training load.

Yes, they've made it more like irl, if a player trains a new position he will have more of a training workload than the player's who aint training a new position cos they are learning the trademarks as such for the new position. E.G. John Terry is a CB so has all the stats for a CB but if you wanna re-train him to be a RB he will need to learn crossing so will up his workload just for that

Actually, I have no issues with a player increasing his workload especially when he's learning a new position. My issue is maybe like after 1-2 seasons where a player has learnt and played games in the new position, he should be able to retain his new position even without extra training on it.

Of course I recognise that the demo is only half a season long, too short to see whether this is really an issue, but if previous versions act as a guide and the code was the same, then yes, it is an issue

I dont think they always lost their new position? Its just some were more likely to than others - I think.

Thats interesting. I created a thread a while ago about this. Basically, if I retrain a ST to and AM / F C then sell him, the sale "Cements" his new position. If I then buy him back, he will be an AM/F C and I can retrain him to another position without him ever losing his AMC that I initially trained him into.

I'd like to know that, If I retrain a player in FM09, that he keeps the position once trained there, so that potentially, I could retrain him into 2 or 3 new positions. (IE, And AMC with great winger and striker ability, trained to AM LRC / ST )

Alsom versality played a role in whether the player "remembered" the position. I've retrained a striker to MC and I've been training him for AMR for 6 months (07) and he's still remembered MC. With some players they'd forget it straight away though. The manual said that versatility was something to do with this, so I'd presume it's that.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but now that the full version has been out for a while, can someone confirm whether the players retain their new position after the specific training is canceled or not? I usually have nothing to do with retraining due to the effects it has on Current Ability distribution but I have a great player now who is AML/FC but can't play ML. Since I play 4-4-2 where I'd like him to play on the left I'm going to retrain him there.

Archived