Why I say Fm 2009 is good.

I have been playing CM and Fm since 1994 and until the present days. in recent years I have not been playing too much of it because it has been more or less the saem thing. Find the winning tactic, choose team, look at the stats during a game (I even got bored after some time with watching the 2D view) and made changes to the game accordingly. I hardly went beying a few seasons with any of the FM and it looked like my interest in it was gone.

However FM 2009 has changed the way I play the game. I no watch the stats but instead watch the match and look at the assistant's feedback to make the necessary changes. yes there are some bugs that need ironing out but it has become like a totally new game to play. You watch the game like a real life manger and make the necessary changes or tactical plays which is eactly what I a real manager would do.

I must say the match engine is very good and you can seed obvious changes when you choose say a long ball game, short ball game and different types of goals.

I agree I think FM09 could be a classic.

Have to agree so far from what I have seen. Last night my Bury 0 Huddersfield Tn 2 (Friendly) was one of my most exciting FM moments ever!, so am positive for the future. Accept the limitations of 3d & love it or go 2d and appreciate the added features. I bought a new PC just for this game and am like the proverbial cheshire cat :-)

PS have not noticed an injury bug but the display problems (I have had to work around) were a bit disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived