Rain on 3D

Now that we are in the era of 3D, I was wondering whether if it was raining or snowing, the match engine makes it more obvious. i have completed one run of the demo through and have yet to see this, but this might be because it never rained or snowed.

Anyone has seen this? If not, maybe it is a good suggestion for the future seeing that tactics like short passing are not so condusive in rain/snow.

On a side note, congrats SI. This has really raised the bar. I cannot understand all the whining about poor representation on the 3D etc. I think it's pretty good and the game engine is evidently improved. I am looking forward to getting fully immersed come next weekend!

I think there is always sun in 3D - at least judging by the shadows in game. Quite funny to read the commentary "He is taking the ball forward in the heavy rain" while the player in 3d casts a shadow and there is shadow from the stand.

if it was heavy rain then they would surely have the floodlights on which would give you the shadow. I do agree though that rain/snow effects would be good, probably pencilled in for a future fm/3d engine release hopefully.

if it was heavy rain then they would surely have the floodlights on which would give you the shadow. I do agree though that rain/snow effects would be good, probably pencilled in for a future fm/3d engine release hopefully.

Well, the commentary never said if it was heavy rain and the game was a 3 pm KO in june in Sweden so floodlights is very unlikely. Still, just a minor thing.

Archived