Newcastle Takeover

Having played the demo, i was a little confused and dissapointed to see that Mike Ashley was in talks to hand over control of the club to a fellow Director. With reports being that Ashley is asking for anywhere between 300mil and 400mil for the club, it seems clear that a filthy rich buyer is going to take control of the club. In that case, why is it that it seemed likely it was only going to be handed over to a Director on my demo game? Granted i played the full 19 games and nothing actually happened but it looked like it was going to happen.

Is it not programmed for a wealthy buyer to purchase the club? Surely it can't be left to random chance of who takes over. Seeing as you start with 4 million to spend, i was quite looking forward to having a bit of cash to spend in the January transfer window on the full release of the game! :D

Simple answer - has a fithy rich buyer bought Newcastle? No, so we cant assume that it will happen, Ashley is not gaurenteed to sell the club, especially in the current financial climate!

Yes I agree that it 'probably' will happen, but it hasnt so we can't blame SI for not having it programmed in to the game.

It will be quite hard IMO to start as manager of Newcastle , as as soon as Ashley sells the club , the chances are the new owners will want their own manager so will more than likely give you the sack .

Was this the case in demo ?

I think you are given a chance to prove yourself. Maybe a couple of games before they decide. That is based on what I have seen on here.

I wouldnt mind playing as Newc manager when the full game launches. Thing is, I'd be pretty annoyed if I was doing really well but then got kicked out :)

on fm 08 or 07 i was southampton manager and a new chairman came in took out 10 million or so loan and gave me a million and never sacked me so you might keep your job if you be them

It will be quite hard IMO to start as manager of Newcastle , as as soon as Ashley sells the club , the chances are the new owners will want their own manager so will more than likely give you the sack .

Was this the case in demo ?

A consortium took over and were intending to put Hristo Stoichkov in my place, but I was given a few games to prove myself (as I had done pretty well before they came in) and eventually I got to keep my job.

By the way, the consortium was English "with Bulgarian connections" and immediately put 15m into the bank and upgraded the training and youth setups.

Newcastle were shocking today , TBF Fulham werent much better . My first job will be to bring in a LB , DM and FC , whilst selling Cacapa and Viduka.

i dont think you'd be able to give Cacrapa away

ok played through again and dereck llambias was the new chairman again. When he joins nothing changes, no more money, no less money (can't be possible though). First game i did play there was rumours of a consortium but i started another game before anything happened. I guess it may just be pot luck but getting him in as chairman makes no difference what so ever.

Another thing that is annoying is the chairman loan debt we suddenly have. We as a club are almost debt free as the chairman payed most of it off (well the owner mike ashley did anyway) that's why hes asking for such a high amount to buy the club.

As it stands it is costing 1.2 million per month to pay off a debt we dont have IRL.

ok played through again and dereck llambias was the new chairman again. When he joins nothing changes, no more money, no less money (can't be possible though). First game i did play there was rumours of a consortium but i started another game before anything happened. I guess it may just be pot luck but getting him in as chairman makes no difference what so ever.

Another thing that is annoying is the chairman loan debt we suddenly have. We as a club are almost debt free as the chairman payed most of it off (well the owner mike ashley did anyway) that's why hes asking for such a high amount to buy the club.

As it stands it is costing 1.2 million per month to pay off a debt we dont have IRL.

Think you'll find Fat Mike would have loaned us the money and the 1.2 mill a month is to repay what he loaned to the club! Similar to Abramovich at Chelsea, they owe him about 500 mill cos he has been giving the club "loans" out of his money!

yes, exactly same thing happened on my second go round. strange i thought, although i thought it was conceivable in this case that Ashley just installed another figure head to get out of the club. however, judging by the fulham comments (and the fact it is very very unlikely such things are written in) this is just a (another) bug.

first time round there was lots of lots of speculation about an outside buyout with Stoichkov mentioned like the examples above, but I never gave it a chance to come to pass as Injurygate made me start again.

oh yes, about the debt. It is correct NUFC are one of the very few debt free football clubs, one of the few things Ashley did for the club. Hence there should be no loan debt - but the price of the club is subsequently higher. NUFC are skint though, which is accurately reflected in the game. I love it when you get a proud message from the board that the finances are going so well they've swelled the transfer coffers by 43K. Thanks for that....

Also, I wonder if there has been any Newcastle fan who hasn't gone and made the sacking of De**is W**e the first thing they do? I was going to do that, then thought better of it. Instead, I set his nickname to 'Ratboy' and sent him to Ukraine for a neverending scouting trip, bar for the odd mission to go check out a DM in Bolivia ;)

wouldn't let me sack him as it costs too much to pay him off :(

'twas a sad day in geordie land let me tell you.

I went for mutual termination, it didn't seem to come off my transfer budget. Had to sell Owen in the end though as he wouldn't sign a new contract. Managed to squeeze £28m in installments from Spurs though and bought Defoe to replace him :p

Archived