Convince an 09 Doubter why its a good game

I think what threw me off initially was how **** the 3d graphics are, but I don't mind going back to 2d so I might re-try the demo again...

Also as I never got FM08 and stuck with 07, i was wondering if there was a skin or anything like that to have the news items and personal messages back together like on 07? Thats one of the most annoying things for me about the new layout

What kind of small details make 09 better than 07?

The press conference includes a text input bar where you can put your own comments in, and it recognizes swear words! Not exactly game - making, but it does it make it quite amuzing!

The main, number 1 reason i would get the new version (09) is the fact you get all the player transfers, updates, staff changes etc to bring you up to this season!

The press items and in box are still seperate but you get a little "!" on the press icon at the top to let you know there is new news.

The 3D graphics were never meant to be mind-blowing. If they were much better they would only work on abot 10% of PCs. But they do help with things like when the discs would stop dead and get robbed of the ball, at least now you can see your player has fallen over (just a small thing, I know, but I didn't realise it was a problem for me before).

It isn't as hard to sell your deadwood players as on previous versions.

Many of the best players (yours and AI) get injured for months at a time so it's more of a challenge. Excellent new feature, not sure if it's been discussed on the forums yet, but am hoping the day-1 patch doesn't affect it ;-)

Ass man feedback is okay, not brilliant, but okay.

I really think you should give 3D another chance though. I mean, it's obviously a psychological thing, because we can agree that the 2D does not have better graphics than the 3D. However, you have a certain expectation of what you want the 3D to be like so you reject it. If you see the current 3D as a step between 2D and the quality graphics you have in FIFA, then it shouldn't be so upsetting. I suggest you use the elevated view, its like the 2D pretty much but tilted.

Aye, but I download patches to update transfers etc. for FM07 so that doesnt bother me.. what type of Q's do they ask in the post-match conferences?

They are quite fun, they ask you your tactics, your views on things, specific players, other teams, league predictions, I haven't even seen all of them, they are interesting.

What annoyed me about the 2D is it took away my imagination and just turned the game cold and dead for me, I don't mind not playing in 3D but it just annoyed me that they hyped it up so much and ended up being the worst graphics i've ever seen.. I wasn't even expecting decent graphics, but seriously even something as **** poor as Puma Soccer on the PS1 looked well better than that.

what type of Q's do they ask in the post-match conferences?

Question about your tactics, oppo tactics, oppo players, your players, new signings, players form! Its hard to judge the full spectrum of questions, as SI say answers you give can come back to haunt you in later dealings with the press! But in a 6 month demo its hard to get that far into it for this to be brought up!

Why is it a good game?

Well the transfers have been improved.A promoted team,now need not spend 7 million pounds on a average top flight player.This also makes long term games stable

Ass man feedback,makes you feel like,your ass man is there for a reason.Press Conferences make you feel a bit more "into" the game

Isn't that enough

Guest gooner-dynamo1992

is the 2d engine actually any good? I've only played one game, and it's kinda weird. And how do you get wingers to cut inside rather than hog the touchline.

Archived