do different leagues play differently?

Has anybody noticed whether different leagues play differently? On the old 2D system , we can't really tell but perhaps with the new 3D we can notice that certain teams play a slow build up say in Italy or less skilled league like the indonesian league while compared to the more fast and furious pace of the EPL just like what we would see if watching on TV?

lower league players arnt ment to beable to play a quick passing game. its more of a long punt and run onto lose balls. cant ever see it much tho in the match engine

Try playing with a BSN/S team, its easily distinguishable lol! Silly little things like playing the ball across your own back four only for it to get intercepted by the oppo and it costs a goal! Think its within the player stats, decision making for the scenario above! But at that level its hard to attract a better standard of player!

All I've noticed from the 3D engine are long balls and long shots. One to ones seem to be missed more times than they're actually scored. Only seen 1 go in as a one on one. Also for some reason, especialy when making tactical changes the 3D match engine just freezes for a few moments. A bit annoying though I can live with it.

All I've noticed from the 3D engine are long balls and long shots. One to ones seem to be missed more times than they're actually scored. Only seen 1 go in as a one on one. Also for some reason, especialy when making tactical changes the 3D match engine just freezes for a few moments. A bit annoying though I can live with it.

Someone mentioned earlier that keepers are getting out too quickly, I'd agree with that, it actually creates more one on ones.

Where sometimes the keeper wouldn't quite get there but the striker would have fluffed it anyway, he always seems to get there, so what might have been a missed chance becomes a save.

I doubt that one change is going to resolve that and I hate to lend support to the super keeper legend:D fact is they come out too quickly and too effectively too often imho.

In the 2D engine it was easy to tell the difference between the quality of the sides and the style of play. I found short passing worked wonders in Italy, but was useless in other leagues. Most Italian teams played slow with short passing, I'm suprised that didn't cancel each other out.

On the old 2D system , we can't really tell

really? i think 2d is far better choice to notice such things as tempo or passing style.

every manager has his preffered style of tactics, so does every club in FM. there should be some difference between PL and La Liga, for example.

Archived