Feature request - job centre - specify who I need

DJ

I'm looking for a physio, but I have no transfer budget.

So I'd like to be able to tell the job center: give me the CV of anyone who is

-a free agent

-who has a physio attribute of at least 10

It would help a lot in speeding up the sifting through the applicants.

Or if I'm looking for a scout I'd like to be able to say 'candidates with less than attribute 10 in either Judging Ability or Judging Potential need not apply'.

It would also be great if we could get a 'table view' of the applicants, so they can be sorted by the relevant attributes.

I'd also like to see a 'desired salary' so I don't waste my time approaching impossible targets.

I'm looking for a physio, but I have no transfer budget.

-a free agent

Or if I'm looking for a scout I'd like to be able to say 'candidates with less than attribute 10 in either Judging Ability or Judging Potential need not apply'.

It would also be great if we could get a 'table view' of the applicants, so they can be sorted by the relevant attributes.

I'd also like to see a 'desired salary' so I don't waste my time approaching impossible targets.

You can do this within the game already

What you need to do is a staff search, in the same way you do a player search, and changing the customised filter.

You can choose to pick only staff who are employed/unemployed, select attributue characteristics (so for you example set Physiotherapy at 'at least 10).' You can also ask your assistant to filter out unrealistic targets.

So, it is possible to do what you want in the game already, without the waiting around in the job centre

I disagree with that, ausbantam.

The search is unrealistic - there are no lists like that. If there were, there would be no job centers.

I'm not looking to work around the job center feature, I'm looking for an improvement to that feature. :)

I disagree with that, ausbantam.

The search is unrealistic - there are no lists like that. If there were, there would be no job centers.

I'm not looking to work around the job center feature, I'm looking for an improvement to that feature. :)

Search> Staff search> [insert attributes]

Physiotheraphy: Min 10

Employed: No.

Might help to have ass man filter out unrealistic targets too.

NB, should also say I agree with the job centre feature. Would be a nice idea, although in real life people don't assess their abilities in a 1-20 scale. Asking for applicants with a stat over 10 probably wouldn't work, but perhaps someone with 3+ years experience or a minimum rep.

Oh, I'd positively LOVE it if stats were translated to 'has ample experience' or 'is quite good', rather than being expressed in numbers. Same goes for player stats. But that's not likely to happen.

Like back said you can already do it, its like searching for players.

Like I answered, it's not the same. I'm looking for an improvement, not an unrealistic workaround.

Some of these features are pointless, the staff search is basically a job centre where you can select the attributes, one of the most dumb features i have come across

Lots of people don't use the staff & player search functions as they are unrealistic and considered borderline cheating.

How difficult is it to understand that?

Lots of people don't use the staff & player search functions as they are unrealistic and considered borderline cheating.

How difficult is it to understand that?

Your lost, where did i say it was difficult to understand?

The OP basically said people with under 10 for scouting ability/potential don't apply......which might have just searched for scouts with 10+ in these attributes, and Lol@the fact people call it cheating, it has been implemented there on purpose i can understand Genie scout and that, but some of use are lost.

Scouting and job centre have been implemented for a purpose, too. I'd like to see those made even better.

What's the point in NOT having them? As you say, if you don't want to use them, you don't have to.

Why add a pointless feature when they can continue to upgrade/add relevant features, i don't even need to argue how much of a dumb feature this is cuz.

Its only a pointless feature in your eyes, the job centre was a good addition to the series for many users.

Lol whatever you say boss. I don't care how you know or think you do, it's a pointless feature.

/thread

To me it isn't, so I'm asking for it to be enhanced. You only here to troll or what?

Right. Let's get back on topic - if you don't like or use the "Job Centre", there's no need to express that opinion in this thread.

-a free agent

:thup:, Absolutely, hit the nail on the head.

For the Job Centre function to be most useful, it needs to work as described.

As a real-life manager (not football), I had an employee pre-screening applicants for certain skill sets, checking on salary demands, etc. Why can't I have the same in the Job Centre?

Of the ideas listed, I think Table View of the applicants, with sorting, etc, is the biggest bang-for-the-buck addition, and with Desired salary and Transfer Fee on that screen, it would be ideal.

The next-step for me would be indicating specifics about what we're looking for. For example, if I'm looking for a coach, I often have a specific role in mind (attacking, defending, fitness, technique, or tactics) that I'm looking for .. and I often have a budget in mind. So being able to provide parameters when I post the Advert would be a big improvement.

Yeah good idea. I use the job center alot and also the search option when as a lowly poor club all the applicants are already employed. But i agree it should be like a physio with say experiance of x years. I also like the suggestion of prefered salary etc...

Yeah the Job Center feature as it is now is rubbish. Which doesn't mean I don't like it ;)

Point is, when you see the Job Center in FM, all you see for example is this:

Manchester United: Physio.

As if they're going to put an ad at a job center that looks like that or gives as much information. Nahah.

I've also added this to the wishlist topic, by the way.

Where can i find this wishlist?

As it also would be nice to see some imporvements on the profiles of your staff.

It would be nice to see them improve in certain areas you want, by sending them on trainingcourses or something. Besides that it is not clear to me, whether a 'world' coach with low stats is better or worse than a 'regional' coach'...

** I guess I already found it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=24018 **

I think this feature would add to the game with minimal effort on SIs part.

I would also like the ability to 'interview' people (ie look at their profile to see if they are appropriate) and tell them not to come back (ie remove them from the applicant list). That way I can keep a shortlist of potential staff before I make my final decision.

Archived