why are we waiting

so with not many days left before full release i dont think we are gonna see a demo patch, anyone else agree.

I think they said it was going to be a compatability patch. So people who had trouble running the demo can see if the issues have been resolved before they pay £30. I think that is quite a commendable and honest move rather than just saying it will work. One of the main problems with PCs is there are no standard models so problems are bound to still exist.

A demo patch?

You're taking a "demo" this far.Sorry,even I might be a fanatic,but your just pushing the meaning of the word "fanatic" to new limits.I mean,in 6 months gameplay,why would you want a patch.Sorry,but go and see a shrink to be honest mate

A demo patch?

You're taking a "demo" this far.Sorry,even I might be a fanatic,but your just pushing the meaning of the word "fanatic" to new limits.I mean,in 6 months gameplay,why would you want a patch.Sorry,but go and see a shrink to be honest mate

We need a compatability patch because some of us have been unlucky to say the least. I still am yet to play fm simply because my gfx card is not supported, but my system should be good enough to run it. And i am not paying £30 for a game that won't work.

Exactly...why shouldnt there be a demo patch?! Its just a compatibility patch so we will get to know if we can play the game or not before we blow up our cash on the game? Seems fair to me...

Exactly people just want to know if the game will work or not. My guess it the compatability patch will be available on the day of release or the day before.

We need a compatability patch because some of us have been unlucky to say the least. I still am yet to play fm simply because my gfx card is not supported, but my system should be good enough to run it. And i am not paying £30 for a game that won't work.

Mate,looks like you're pretty confident that the game will run on your computer,so why do you need a patch of any sorts.If SI do fix their game,in time for it's release,and you are very much confident that it can run on your PC,I see no reason for a patch of any sorts,because it's a demo

Wont work? Why? The demo is working fine. A couple glitches and problems' date=' but this will probably be fixed.[/quote']

some people havent been able to run it at all due to the massive amound of graphics cards on the market.... its hard to support them all.

In the end, if the demo patch is needed or not is irrelevant for one reason: SI have confirmed they'll release one.

Exactly, which is why I question the point in opening this thread.

It will happen, it will only happen when it's ready, the demo will still be available for people to test functionality whenever the compatibility patch comes out.

nobody needs to buy before tessing it will work on their system.

Exactly, which is why I question the point in opening this thread.

It will happen, it will only happen when it's ready, the demo will still be available for people to test functionality whenever the compatibility patch comes out.

nobody needs to buy before tessing it will work on their system.

yeah. can we close this thread now as its getting annoying.

Wont work? Why? The demo is working fine. A couple glitches and problems' date=' but this will probably be fixed.[/quote']

The demo isn't working for everyone that's why they call it a compatability patch.

Paul already confirmed that a compatability patch will be available on the day of the release of the game.

Hi people, some of you might have seen this sight already but if not then have a look...

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

If you drop down to SPORE, and see what your machine is like against that...if it passes, then you will should be more than ok with FM...if it fails on something, then below is the minimum specification for the game, and see how close you come to the failed option. I fail with the Processor Speed speed, I only have 1.6 GHz on my laptop instead of 2 GHz, but the demo runs fine. Everything else passed.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz

Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB

Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

For people who have passed the spore test the game till dosnt work at times! Thats why we are waiting for the compatibility patch to try and see if the demo will work. If it dosnt then we wont buy the game. QUite simple really. Not everyone was lucky enough to get the game workin on their computers

Why would they release a demo patch?? The actual game is out soon so it makes more sense to add a patch for the complete thing.

It needs a demo patch so people can check whether or not their machine will run it before they purchase.

The demo doesn't die on release day, people will still need it to test their rig.

So people who cannot play the demo can see what it is like and to see that the bugs have been fixed before paying £30s. last year I brought the game hoping the patch will solve the closing down and high number of shots but instead I was forced to wait till February before these issues was fixed.

Archived