Stats vs How good they really are

Hello all, hope everyone is enjoying the FM09 Demo as much as me ^^

Hey just a question for you guys out there!! Do you guys think that stats are really that important? Do you

only sign players with the best stats or do you find some players in the game play awesome regardless of their

acutal stats? Like for me in FM08 Maxi Rodriguez playing striker would score pretty much every game, even

though he isnt put into the game as a natural striker etc. Fernando Torres doesnt have perfect stats but

scores like he is possessed to!!! Like I know they are world class players and all that but I am sure it happens

in all levels of football.

Soo... Do you guys just go buy all out best stat players or shop around and find guys who are performing

much better then their stats suggest they play?

OR did I just imagine all this and that stats do represent how good they'll be?

Is there a technical explanation for this?

Personally I sign players on reputation and see how they been performing so far for their team and stuff...

I think this works best and signing players purely based on their stats isnt the best stratergy!!

Feel free to rip lose and poon me I dont mind I just want to know what the general concenus is thanks all!!

The stats have to be relevant to their position - that is the main thing. I won't even thing about signing a striker who doesn't have decent off the ball, balance, technique and composure (as well as finishing of course). Physical stats are always nice of course, but an intelligent player will always do better than a purely physical one.

Yeah I understand how the stats have to be relevent to the position etc... But like some player have really

good stats (I find Dutch players have great stats but dont perform as well as others... Could just be

a placebo I have haha)

Archived