Terrible Managers...

Okay, here's the thing I've watched some amazing clubs around me crumble for no apparent reason. The most recent is Arsenal, who had an amazing squad, they then sacked they manager (I have no idea why!), began falling down the league and then were forced to sell unhappy players (I got 2 of them!). Banfield was just given the position of manager at Arsenal...

Another example of strange manager choices for big clubs is Chelsea. They hired the amazing John Kosmina. Now, I thought when I saw the name Kosmina that it meant that he had moved up in the world and had done some seriously good things in his career whilst I wasn't looking. NOPE!

On the 26th of October 2008 John Kosmina was sacked by Sydney FC. On the 28th of June 2017 he has appointed manager of Chelsea... I think I missed something here!

Paul Jewel manages Valencia on my game (2015).

But then again, if some nobody office worker or 14 year-old schoolkid can manage Man U, I guess anything goes icon_wink.gif.

Definitely some odd decisions by chairmen. AND managers. They can't seem to build a balanced squad past 2011. Hopefully FM09 will see an end to this sort of thing - eg, Liverpool buying 3 world class left wingers but having no one to play on the right.

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

I left tottenham for barca(with their obscene amounts of money) and they imploded. From EPL champs to 9th place. I feel so sorry I'm willing to take them to the top again.

One problem: Berbatov's 33.

They probably won't take you back, on leaving a club you automatically become 100/100 disliked personnel, no matter what you did for the club or how long you were with them.

They probably won't take you back, on leaving a club you automatically become 100/100 disliked personnel, no matter what you did for the club or how long you were with them.

That's shocking - there are plenty of real life situations where a manager and a club have parted ways cordially. Should be changed.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

I left tottenham for barca(with their obscene amounts of money) and they imploded. From EPL champs to 9th place. I feel so sorry I'm willing to take them to the top again.

One problem: Berbatov's 33.

They probably won't take you back, on leaving a club you automatically become 100/100 disliked personnel, no matter what you did for the club or how long you were with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I changed my status to favourites with FMM. Its ridiculous. I bring Tottenham to the UEFA Cup, EPL, League and FA Cup, and im 100 Disliked?

And i just lost in the quarter finals of the ECC to Inter. Grawr. My Barca team played like a bunch of kittens.

I know, it's very frustrating. I spent 6 years at Bayern and came out 100% disliked, 366 days at Spurs and left for Barcelona and was 100% disliked. The Spurs one I understand, but I thought i'd be a bit of a hero with the Bayern fans, especially since I became the first manager to win 6 titles in a row.

Arsenal are managed by Pat Rice on my game! And they're damn good! Liverpool, however, are bottom of the league and managed by Javier Aguirre. I do think that it shouldn't be possible for Liverpool, only two seasons in, to end up in a relegation battle.

There are some shocking decisions whithin the game, and i think this is somthing which would need to be improved in future releases..

Also on the note of leaving clubs, i was at Manchester United for 13 years. after 4 years at Barcelona i noticed United got relegated so i applied for the job then to find out that my application was not successfull, loaded up FMM to check my status and i was 100% disliked.. (I left the status as it is, but this is somthing which needs to be looked at for future relases also.

Originally posted by Doogal:

On another site, i found a time warp thing, whener you download a save game in the future, on this occasion, frank lampard is the manager of england, and john terry the manager of west ham?

That sounds class mate, any chance of a link?

Im in 2016

PL

Man Utd - Stuart Pearce

Chelsea - Hugo Sanchez

Liverpool - Juande Ramos

Arsenal - Tony Adams

Tottenham - Paul Jewell

Newcastle - Keld Bordingaard

Man City - Paul Ince (a sign of things to come irl?)

Everton - John Carver

West Ham - John Sheridan

Blackburn - Mark Bowen

Portsmouth - Steve Tilson

Middlesborough - Gareth Southgate

Sunderland - Roy Keane

Championship

Aston Villa - Craig Bellamy

W.B.A - David Platt

Wigan - Martin Ling

If we venture abroad

Real Madrid - Rafa Benitez

Valencia - Ronald Koeman

Barcelona - Ronald Koeman

Milan - Marco Van Basten

Inter - Pierluigi Casiaraghi

Juventus - Gianluca Vialli

Roma - Jesus Ramirez

FC Bayern - Laurent Blanc

Nothing too odd in my game except Bellamy as a manager icon_biggrin.gif

Pat Rice took charge of Reading in my game, and took them to a title challenge, before retirement at the end of the season.

Paul le Guen was doing very well with Arsenal, before they sacked him. They are just doing terribly now. It's now a relegation battle.

Originally posted by Mike7077:

Arsenal are managed by Pat Rice on my game! And they're damn good! Liverpool, however, are bottom of the league and managed by Javier Aguirre. I do think that it shouldn't be possible for Liverpool, only two seasons in, to end up in a relegation battle.

I believe that FM rate Pat Rice as the best Assman in the world (along with Cappello's #2 for England. In my saves Wenger always resigns to take over France after Euro 2008!

Aguirre seems to relieve Benitez of his duties in most savegames. With SAF retiring after a season and being succeeded by every USELESS ex-Manyoo manager (Coppell, Bruce, yet not Keane or Hughes) both these 'Big 4' sides take a tumble.

Archived