Penalty Saves

There's been a few threads saying that there has been penalty shootouts having about 15 shots each. Apparently the keeper never dives, so unless the shot is down the middle the keeper won't save it. To prove that penalty's can be saved, take a look at the following screenshot. The Coventry keeper saved Marcelo's penalty, which went to the left.

penltysave.jpg

well... i just want to say that while managing montrose, in one of my friendly games i had to go on a penalty shootout...

the keepers never moved until my keeper managed to make a 10cm dive that managed(probably with his mind) to punch the ball(which was about 1 meter away from the keeper)!!!

then the funiest thing happened... i still had to score the next penalty, and i thought: with my luck this guy is gonna shoot the ball over the bar... or the keeper will save it...

well, what happened was that the keeper decided to stay still, and my goalkeeper(who was taking the shot) decided to shoot to the middle... the ball went, literally, through(like, the ball pierced through the keeper's chest) the keeper!!!

lovely win...

Archived