Annual board meetings

Was in London and got talking to somebody from the Games industry, don't want to mention his name but he works for a Magazine and is friends with somebody I know blah blah.

Anyway he commented that for FM 2009 there will be annual board meetings, I know there have been false rumours and asked him where he heard this, he said he had been talking to somebody from SI / Sega about a feature regarding FM09 for around August time...

Si... care to let us know if this is one of the possible things you might have spoken about?

If it is, i suggest you be careful who you talk to :p

Was in London and got talking to somebody from the Games industry, don't want to mention his name but he works for a Magazine and is friends with somebody I know blah blah.

Anyway he commented that for FM 2009 there will be annual board meetings, I know there have been false rumours and asked him where he heard this, he said he had been talking to somebody from SI / Sega about a feature regarding FM09 for around August time...

Si... care to let us know if this is one of the possible things you might have spoken about?

If it is, i suggest you be careful who you talk to :p

This might be a time for re-evaluating transfer budgets, finances etc. At the moment, you get a transfer budget that stays static throughout the year, but if you sign a bunch of frees and the wages spiral, or you have ridiculous appearance fees or something, this can adversely affect your finances, so a board review in, say, December, would then re-evaluate your budget for January.

Equally, if you are doing far better financially, things could improve for you.

A bit of added realism, and may even be part of improving board confidence.

But whatever we say, it's all speculation until late summer, which is when SI usually make their announcements.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCIAG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ignored post by NepentheZ posted 30 May 2008 16:42 Show Post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could you really expand it? The only thing I can think of is "play a player from the acedemy in the first team" or possibly "get some new staff", which would both be annoying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly - why do you ignore posts from me? icon_biggrin.gif

Secondly - I never claimed you could, or could not expand anything, nor did I state weather I felt it was a good or bad idea icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I worry for FM09 if this is the best we can look forward to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure it's not the "best" thing about FM09. It's just something that may have been overheard at some place, sometime.

Roll on summer.

Archived