**(Work permits in FM07)**

I think they need to have played 75% of international matches for their country over the last 2 years and their country must be ranked in the top 50 in the world. It they don't meet that then you may get it on appeal if they have a high enough CA. I think that is it.

Hopefully that helps :)

Do you have a feeder team in either Poland, Belgium or Spain? I think that your appeal against a work permit refusal would only be successful if you have a feeder in these countries. If your appeal is successful then you still won't be able to play them in the English league so you'll have to send them to a club in one of the nations above so make sure his contract is long enough.

In Poland and Belgium a player would have to go to their feeder for 3 years and in spain if the player is from a Spanish speaking nation then he'll have to go to Spain for 2 years otherwise its 4 years. You should also remember that a player doesn't have to take a dual nationality.

A good scout will tell you if he needs a work permit or if it will be accepted on appeal.

Also, if you put someone on loan to gain an EU passport (usually to Belgium), if hios valuation is relatively high and/or is getting a lot of attention from the likes of AC Milan and Barcelona, offer a new contract. When you offer a foreigner a new contract he will apply for a work permit, meaning he may have got a high enough reputation to gain one after you bought him initially and you can immediately recall him from Belgium.

• 6 months later...

Archived