Release day patch

Is it possible for SI to notify buyers of the game about the patches? I think it is but just wondering if there're plans to somehow notify players that there's a patch for the game? In previous years you could play on and not know there were improvements to the game as some people ignore the check for updates button. With the new authetication system I would think it's possible. Easy to do so with Steam as the game auto-updates. There could be an announcement via phoen for those who do so. Maybe an advisory on the website people have to go to when they authenticate online?

It is automatic via Steam, there are announcements on this site and the official SEGA and SI websites and the option to check for updates is one of the options on the start screen in the game- do you seriously want SI to phone all FM buyers?

I'd be impressed if they phoned me.

"Mr Hood?"

Yes...

"Its Mr Smith from SI Games, I just wanted to call to say the patch is ready for download. I've gone to the trouble of emailing you the link"

Cheers

"Anything else I can help with whilst I'm here?"

You could add some polish to the match engine and put the highlights speed slider back in

"Goodbye"

*Goes to check email*

"Mr Hood?"

Yes...

"Its Mr Smith from SI Games, I just wanted to call to say the patch is ready for download. I've gone to the trouble of emailing you the link"

Cheers

You could add some polish to the match engine and put the highlights speed slider back in

"Goodbye"

*Goes to check email*

"can you put the highlight speed slider back in" CLASS

"Mr Hood?"

Yes...

Cheers

"Goodbye"

*Goes to check email*

I think he means that people activating their game by phone could be told that there's a patch available. Which isn't a bad idea, if it can be done. Same for those activation on-line - perhaps with a link to the patch download.

Maybe they will email people registered on this forum (if they have our email address). I seem to remember providing it through the new Sega system. I'm sure they will email, maybe they did in the past, cannot remember!

Glyn - yes, you are probably right.

Thing is, they would only authenticate once right? So they'd miss out on the possible (if history repeats and SI continues to improve the game) 2nd and 3rd patch notifcations.

I think he means that people activating their game by phone could be told that there's a patch available. Which isn't a bad idea, if it can be done. Same for those activation on-line - perhaps with a link to the patch download.

Yeah this is what I meant.

i think he means for people who dont have the net. say you go into a shop and buy the boxed game but dont have access to the net. you go home and install it and then phone to activate the game. as you have no access to these forums because of no net you will be told on the phone that a patch is avaliable for download.

i think he means for people who dont have the net. say you go into a shop and buy the boxed game but dont have access to the net. you go home and install it and then phone to activate the game. as you have no access to these forums because of no net you will be told on the phone that a patch is avaliable for download.

I guess if you don't have the internet, being told there's a patch for download may be a little frustrating.

I understand what he means though.

There must be quite a lot of people who play it unaware that there is a patch to fix injuries and stuff! As the majority do not come on the forums here.

You could include a little flyer in the box that says that patches are available etc or have it stated from STEAM or on the activation web page.

for steam to auto patch you would be needed to be connected to the internet right? what about the customers that have no net? these are the people that need help and would need to be told. not such a problem for me as i have the net but for others that dont they could be playing a buggy game all year long and could potentially lose sales next year because of it if they play without the patch.

for steam to auto patch you would be needed to be connected to the internet right? what about the customers that have no net? these are the people that need help and would need to be told. not such a problem for me as i have the net but for others that dont they could be playing a buggy game all year long and could potentially lose sales next year because of it if they play without the patch.

I understand your point. You're basically saying - reach out to all the people that you can't reach via the automatic channels.

I don't really understand how we do that. I'll ask about updating the phoneline, although to be perfectly honest, I think if I was using that I'd find messages to tell me to download patches more annoying than helpful. I'll also check if we can update the activation pages of Unilok which is a good idea.

I appreciate your sentiment - but there's only so much we can actually do...:)

Archived