Got my copy!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i use to work on oxford street and Game regularly broke street date to keep us on our toes. i was regularly sent down there as a spy. we'd always respond but putting the game out as soon as it is conformed that it was on sale in game... suppliers used to go from telling Game off to reducing their allocation as punishment.

the authentication thing will stop them from doing that if they have any sense. people will be demanding refunds left, right and centre.

It really is nothing like that, Steam seldom accepts codes from Retail Store bought games. Steam is merely a distributor not the means of activation/installation. So if you own the actual hard copy (that is to say, CD/DVD bought in an actual brick and mortar type store) it is entirely separate from steam.

However, if you purchase the steam version (online, through their software and having to download it) then yes you have to wait until they "unlock" it so to speak.

It really is nothing like that, Steam seldom accepts codes from Retail Store bought games. Steam is merely a distributor not the means of activation/installation. So if you own the actual hard copy (that is to say, CD/DVD bought in an actual brick and mortar type store) it is entirely separate from steam.

However, if you purchase the steam version (online, through their software and having to download it) then yes you have to wait until they "unlock" it so to speak.

SI have confirmed that you will be able to authenticate the boxed version of FM09 with Steam.

You read that indepth...the fact the article predicted it two years ago and it was the 07 version makes that a good article to speak through

Er, I did read it in depth. :confused: I was simply saying that it has happened before, so could happen again. Sorry you were confused.

Well, if its already been sold, now it will be cracked and released on the web by tomorrow night, and the pirates will be playing the game before the legit users, Crazy

That why the use of DRM is extremely flawed, Im all for pirate protection but this only restricts the people who have bought the game.

SI have confirmed that you will be able to authenticate the boxed version of FM09 with Steam.

That you will be able to or that you will be required to do so? Difference being that one gives you the choice of adding the game to your Steam game list (which in turns forces you to comply with steam's distribution and installation shenanigans, or skipping that and just installing it in your computer)

That you will be able to or that you will be required to do so? Difference being that one gives you the choice of adding the game to your Steam game list (which in turns forces you to comply with steam's distribution and installation shenanigans, or skipping that and just installing it in your computer)

You don't have to authenticate with Steam - other options are authenticating over the phone or through another online system I think.

I can only authenticate with Steam or something other online. Hopefully SI will activate the systems so I can play the game...

They will when the game is supposed to be released, legally - 14th November. Get it in your head! Stop whining about SI and whine about your retailer breaking the law and giving you false hope.

I can only authenticate with Steam or something other online. Hopefully SI will activate the systems so I can play the game...

Can you run the editor? if thats the case i would not mind getting it early so i can start creating a fantasy league for my second save game...

They will when the game is supposed to be released, legally - 14th November. Get it in your head! Stop whining about SI and whine about your retailer breaking the law and giving you false hope.

I didnt see him whining.

Whats your problem?

Hi everybody.

I bought the game today, was released at a nationalwide store. The only sell games en toys, But we now have a game, that cann't be played because SI doesn't have its security servers installed.

that will be a week long staring at the box...

please let si make a sollution.

He keeps saying how SI, Steam etc. should let him play the game right now because he bought it from a shop illegally selling it now instead of in a week.

Something wrong about the fact I want to play a game for what I paid €50?

My condolences Royke and Kleb you're just victims of SI's new fascist approach. I've said this all along since SI announced they're going down this totalitarian route : People don't like red tape, so I envision a lot of disgruntled people when things go awry. Plus, why are we having stuff forced upon us? If I wanted a steam account I'd bloody well create one! But now I have no option because if I don't have a Steam account I get no auto updates, and I need to pick up the costs of a phone call to authenticate. Who said we aren't been made to jump through hoops?

Something wrong about the fact I want to play a game for what I paid €50?

No, not at all. It's the game store who sold it you who are in the wrong. But you have to understand you shouldn't even have the game yet. It must suck for you having to wait, but that's just the situation you face and you have to deal with it

Hi everybody.

I bought the game today, was released at a nationalwide store. The only sell games en toys, But we now have a game, that cann't be played because SI doesn't have its security servers installed.

that will be a week long staring at the box...

please let si make a sollution.

Upload a picture inc your name Royke attched to it for proof

If I wanted a steam account I'd bloody well create one! But now I have no option because if I don't have a Steam account I get no auto updates, and I need to pick up the costs of a phone call to authenticate. Who said we aren't been made to jump through hoops?

Do we have to have an account with Steam to activate the game?

My condolences Royke and Kleb you're just victims of SI's new fascist approach. I've said this all along since SI announced they're going down this totalitarian route : People don't like red tape, so I envision a lot of disgruntled people when things go awry. Plus, why are we having stuff forced upon us? If I wanted a steam account I'd bloody well create one! But now I have no option because if I don't have a Steam account I get no auto updates, and I need to pick up the costs of a phone call to authenticate. Who said we aren't been made to jump through hoops?

yap!

...and spend extra money...

For what?

Come on Royke why open another thread basically about the same thing? :confused:

Royke, there are several threads about this already. You can't really expect to play the game before release date can you? It would breach all kinds of SEGA / SI fairtrade policies. I'm afraid you will just have to stare at the box until the 14th. Still, just enjoy feeling the box before the rest of us. :)

PS The shop you bought it from is breaking the law I think...

Can't you just use the online authorisation and manually download the patches? That was what I was planning on doing.

It's funny everyone is having a right pop at the two gentlemen (Royke and Kleb). Yet, I won't be the least bit surprised when come Thursday 13th of November when most online retailers will have delivered the game, that the same people on here will be asking the exact same questions.

It's funny everyone is having a right pop at the two gentlemen (Royke and Kleb). Yet, I won't be the least bit surprised when come Thursday 13th of November when most online retailers will have delivered the game, that the same people on here will be asking the exact same questions.

Actually I like to think I'm patient enough to wait one day. besides I want the patch before I play so that point is redundant

Archived