Cancelled Pre Order Due To Sound Issue

I keep getting the notorious Direct Sound Error and have no sound in the demo at all. All drivers are updates, direct x is, but no sound. Until I know this will be fixed for general release I am not buying. Playing without crowd noise would be awful as ive been used to it for years

Trev

Hates

Direct Sound Error - 2004287480

The sound is poor imo, especially when you play in a cup final and the 2 set's of fans are normally quite equal in numbers of fans yet the "Home" team always has a louder fan base in these games as if they are playing at home. Not enough to stop me from playing the game but a little irritating when I am the "Away" team and can hardly hear my fans when I score! Needless to say I also have the sound turned off for my game as I always have TV or music playing in the background

I have never used the sound either. I play with music on so crap crowd noises would just annoy me. Playing FM07 mind as I don't see the point in 09 taking up massive amount of resources when I can enjoy 07 just as much if not more..

Anyway, this doesn't really help you soooo have there been any others complaining about this? What are SI saying? Have you googled the error? etc.

and do what wehave says. Probably best to do that first. Go!

Yes Strawberry, I saw that you got your sound fixed wehave, been following this issue all day - i have done a dxdiag and posted it on the forum

How do you know if you have the correct drivers apart from those online scans ?

Is it worth paying for those programmes that check all your drivers and update them

My sound driver is Realtek High Definition Audio 6.0.1.5350

When I go to Device Manager and try and update it says its ok

Yes Strawberry, I saw that you got your sound fixed wehave, been following this issue all day - i have done a dxdiag and posted it on the forum

How do you know if you have the correct drivers apart from those online scans ?

Is it worth paying for those programmes that check all your drivers and update them

My sound driver is Realtek High Definition Audio 6.0.1.5350

When I go to Device Manager and try and update it says its ok

Try going to 1) your PC manufacturer's website and 2) realtek's website. They are a lot better for finding updates than device manager.

Archived