Your favorite FM moment

Whether it be big or small, CM 96/97 or FM09 Demo, what is your favorite FM "moment"

Mine was on FM 08 whilst playing as FC Basel, 3 seasons in, in the Champions league, was beating Barcelona away (it was a fluke, I was getting hammered) when Valdes came up for a corner in the last minute, the corner broke to my striker, Guilherme on the half way line who promptly popped the ball in the net from 50 yds. It was definately a jumper over the head Ravanelli style and a lap of my lounge!

It was a Barclaycard "Priceless" moment!

To win a match with American Samoa under-23 in FM 2007. I played against Samoa under-23. On the 7th minute, opposition's right wing scored easily after tearing up my team's defense.

ASA 0-1 SAM

On 29th minute, I scored back a goal through a corner.

Half Time: ASA 1-1 SAM

On 53th minute, the same right wing scored from a header.

ASA 1-2 SAM

On 79th minute, my centre midfielder scored from a long shot into an empty net after the opposition keeper fall on to the ground after diving to save a shot earlier.

ASA 2-2 SAM

On 87th minute, I am awarded a free kick. My player shoots, keeper pushed the ball away, only to hit one of his team-mate to bounce into the back of the net. Goal!

Full time: ASA 3-2 SAM

I can never ever forget this win!

To win a match with American Samoa under-23. I played against Samoa under-23. On the 7th minute, opposition's right wing scored easily after tearing up my team's defense.

ASA 0-1 SAM

On 29th minute, I scored back a goal through a corner.

Half Time: ASA 1-1 SAM

On 53th minute, the same right wing scored from a header.

ASA 1-2 SAM

On 79th minute, my centre midfielder scored from a long shot into an empty net after the opposition keeper fall on to the ground after diving to save a shot earlier.

ASA 2-2 SAM

On 87th minute, I am awarded a free kick. My player shoots, keeper pushed the ball away, only to hit one of his team-mate to bounce into the back of the net. Goal!

Full time: ASA 3-2 SAM

I can never ever forget this win!

Local derby too!!!

My favorite FM moment goes back to FM 06

In only my second season with Sturm Graz, I managed the 1st Knockout Stage of the CL and got Real Madrid. I managed to pull of a 3-1 victory away and went confident in my home game... too confident it seems though. I was down 3-0 rather quickly, when after 3 subs from Real Iker Casillas got injured. So I put everything forward and managed a 90th minute goal to go into extra time. The rest was the most epic extra time I have ever had, but check it out yourself:

sturm-real.jpg

I managed the semi finals but nothing was as thrilling as this victory, especially taking into consideration which club and how soon that was accomplished (IMO)

Once in a carreer-game (starting unemployed, with no rep) I eventually ended up after 6 years at Betis who were second last in Spain. They had an awesome squad (fm06) with people like Palombo, Wiese (who was class back then), Nilmar and some more. I took over in october or november and managed to win the league. I've really been on both ends of the league that season :D.

I'll never forget how excited I got playing the UEFA Cup knockout stages of CM4 (I think) with Porto against Parma.

0-0 in the first leg and down 1-0 in the second and thought we were crashing out until we scored from free kicks in the 3rd and 4th minutes of stoppage time.

Beating Chelsea 5-0 in the Carling Cup in FM08 as Liverpool was very satisfying too.

Hibernian V Ac Milan (Uefa Cup) Fm 07

Hibs 1 - 2 AC Milan Easter Road

AC Milan 2-2 Hibernian San Siro 80th minute

Hibs need another goal and a win away at the san siro to progress to the group stages.. Looks impossible after they've fought so hard to pull it back to 2-2. 30 yards out in line with the corner of the box.. Scott Brown weaves his way onto the left wing, back to goal.. He turns.. Right foot screamer.. Top Corner!!!!! 2-3 Hibs :D through to the next round.. Dam that sent me to the edge of insanity Haha

Winning the FA Cup final around 2012 or 2013 with St Albans City having taken them from Blue Square South to the Premiership in FM06.

Possibly my best overall FM08 achievement was taking over Switzerland who were struggling in their WCQ Group and winning through to the tournament in a playoff with Sweden after an almost perfect home win and a dominant defensive display away.

being 3-0 down in the champions league final to man utd as liverpool with 10 mins to go, and throwing on a 34 year old torres and him scoring a hat-trick sending the game into extra time, then seeing torres score again the 119th minute!!

Archived