One toi One

Can SI please balance the one to one seems that the keeper get the ball 99% of the time, even with a skill striker and a crappy kepper in the other end still dont score.

I think need tuning a bit to make the striker score a little more seems to me a little unbalance there.

Since there is a patch coming out for injury n some othere issue. I just want highlight this other little problem if can be call that.

Thanks for reading SI now go back to work.

I've noticed that my strikers miss a lot of one-on-ones, but then I'm playing as Gillingham, so it's to be expected really. I don't know if it's the same at the top, but even Wayne Rooney misses a lot of one-on-ones! :D Maybe if a player has high dribbling and flair skills (and therefore they can sidestep the keeper easily) they should score more one-on-ones?

I've not had this problem. Are you playing as LLM or a big club? I always start as a big club to test it out, but haven't tried lower than L1.

Might help SI if you have more specifics, such as:

1. Are the failed one-on-ones mostly clear breakaways, ie, breaking the offside trap and running at the keeper with no defenders?

2. Is your player skinning one defender, then taking the shot?

3. How narrow is the angle of the shot?

4. How many defenders are around your player even, say, 5,6,7 yards behind him, when he takes the shot?

I only ask these because they are all very different situations. I'm a fairly good 5-aside keeper irl and I know that I save probably 90% of one-on-ones when there are defenders 5-10 yards away and closing. The reason for this is because most players are concentrating on getting their shot away before the defender arrives, and thus the GK is not the one he is thinking about. Also, when you are taking a shot, you slow down, so the defender is gaining at a far quicker rate and the striker has to get his shot away.

This 90% probably drops to about 75% when it's breakaway one-on-ones (usually at the end of the game when our old legs are creaking and the whippersnappers are running circles around us), but I still expect to save the majority of those.

I know pro football, even at LMM level, is a much different game, but GKs SHOULD save a high percentage of one-on-one shots. Anyone who watched Leeds vs Northampton on Setanta last night will know exactly what I mean.

Playing FM as Chelski I've had Anelka score a couple of one-on-ones, and Lampard has probably four in six (inc friendlies). Playing as Leeds, I know Beckford has a couple too, so I doubt it's an out-an-out bug.

If you still feel there is work to be done, save a few games and upload them to the FTP in the bugs forum. They will give you a definitive answer there.

Yeah I too am having major problems with 1-on-1 situations with Arsenal. No matter who is clear on goal they just blast it straight on the keeper. They don't even seem to try and put it past him as he doesn't need to move and the ball never ever goes wide. I've lost count how many situation I have to watch over the half a season we could play on the demo. I'm sure we've had maybe 25-30 such situations and not a single goal from them! And that is not counting all the times they are alone, but in a bad angle (coming in from a wide position). Whenever they are under a bit more pressure by opposition players but more or less clear on goal they can hit the back of the net or make the keeper actually work to make a save. But all alone and they seem uncapable of scoring or putting the keeper to work.

I mean it has nothing to do with tactics really in such a situation. It's all down to the player and how he handles the situation. Watching Adebayor for example IRL he doesn't always put those away, but usually he NEVER shoots straight on a standing keeper! He will try to curl it around him or putting it between his legs or something. This means the keeper needs to go down to make a save, maybe stears it to a corner or Adebayor curling it/shooting wide if not scoring. This has yet to happen in 29 games of the demo...

I would also say that maybe the amount of 1-on-1 needs to be toned down? Quite frankly I've had to many to be very realistic, which is probably why they can't score from them as games would get out of control. :D And honestly I don't know how so many are created, it almost seems the AI defence can't handle through balls/fast strikers much. Think I need to play some more and really pay attention to that.

Wierd. Have scored and conceded plenty of one-on-ones.

Have you set your training up so your strikers' shooting is on heavy?

I set up training for defence, mid-def, mid-attack and strikers with focus on the key areas. I struggled in pre-season before I set the training up.

Yep I do that as well, doesn't seem to help my player in those situations anyway.

This is the first I have heard of this issue but may have missed it. Maybe this would suggest it is uncommon? Not to many people seem to be posting about this although this doesn't mean it isn't an issue!

P.S Ackter, just noticed your post count. Incredible. You must be the Maggie Thatcher of the SI forum world, surviving on 3 minutes sleep a night... ;)

yes it is ridicoulous almost every easy one on one is missed with top prem strikers. this aint realistic. stop trying to argue it is. why do they keep messing up the match engine? 07 ME was almost perfect.

Has this been raised elsewhere? I haven't noticed a problem. The demo has been out for days, I think it is strange that I haven't heard of this before- it is the type of issue that floods the forum within 12 seconds of demo release!

maybe because hardly anyones games work cause its soo buggy. i suggest u play the game some more cause i think youll notice way too many 1on1s where it bounces off the keeper.

i can actually expect the keeper to save 1on1s all the time and my wish is granted

maybe because hardly anyones games work cause its soo buggy. i suggest u play the game some more cause i think youll notice way too many 1on1s where it bounces off the keeper.

i can actually expect the keeper to save 1on1s all the time and my wish is granted

There are so many things wrong in this post, I'm sorry to say. It is a very small percentage of people that are having technical problems with the game- I have every faith in SI, they assure us that this will be quickly sorted. As for the 'buggy' game, each 'bug' found has been well and truly documented- a problem with one-on-ones is not one of them as far as I am aware. There are certainly issues with pre-season injuries for example. The issue of one-on-ones was certainly an issue in a previous version which is why I am sure that it would have been noticed already. Again, the lack of posts in this thread appear to support my theory.

yes it is ridicoulous almost every easy one on one is missed with top prem strikers. this aint realistic. stop trying to argue it is. why do they keep messing up the match engine? 07 ME was almost perfect.

But it's not that we (rather *I*) argue it isn't realistic, it's just that it isn't a problem for a lot of people. Myself included. Sure, a few are missed, but playing with a top team like Chelsea I have Anelka, Joe Cole and Lampard all scoring one-on-ones. I'm not even tweaking the standard tactics all that much.

Have unticked the free role button which seems to stop my AMCs from playing well. Set my srikers to run with ball often and forward runs often, and I don't have this problem. Not sure what to suggest really. I won't say "it's your tactics", at least not yet, as I haven't played it enough to give proper advice. It was easy to get around using your tactics in FM08 so I suspect it's the same here.

maybe because hardly anyones games work cause its soo buggy.

Er, actually MOST people's game works fine. Just a lot of shouty people on the forums distorts the picture. The majority of people download the game, install it, play it. A few hundred people on here isn't "hardly anyone". Sorry to be pedantic, but for something to be a major bug it has to be a consistent problem, unlike this which is, I suspect, a mild annoyance.

There are so many things wrong in this post, I'm sorry to say. It is a very small percentage of people that are having technical problems with the game- I have every faith in SI, they assure us that this will be quickly sorted. As for the 'buggy' game, each 'bug' found has been well and truly documented- a problem with one-on-ones is not one of them as far as I am aware. There are certainly issues with pre-season injuries for example. The issue of one-on-ones was certainly an issue in a previous version which is why I am sure that it would have been noticed already. Again, the lack of posts in this thread appear to support my theory.

In a lot of FM forums I visited ,a lot of people found this issue. I also noticed there are some posts about this here.

But it's not that we (rather *I*) argue it isn't realistic, it's just that it isn't a problem for a lot of people. Myself included. Sure, a few are missed, but playing with a top team like Chelsea I have Anelka, Joe Cole and Lampard all scoring one-on-ones. I'm not even tweaking the standard tactics all that much.

Have unticked the free role button which seems to stop my AMCs from playing well. Set my srikers to run with ball often and forward runs often, and I don't have this problem. Not sure what to suggest really. I won't say "it's your tactics", at least not yet, as I haven't played it enough to give proper advice. It was easy to get around using your tactics in FM08 so I suspect it's the same here.

I set all these things but most of the goals still came from long shots and set pieces. My striker is that Zenit forward, Vanni and Raul.

If anyone has an example of a game where a lot of one on ones are missed, it might be an idea to upload the pkm to the bugs forum. If enough people are noticing this, maybe my game is an exception at the moment. I'd rather SI said for certain one way or the other as I would hate to see multiple posts on the subject when the game comes out if it could have been avoided.

Still, wierd how only a few people think it's a problem.

If anyone has an example of a game where a lot of one on ones are missed, it might be an idea to upload the pkm to the bugs forum. If enough people are noticing this, maybe my game is an exception at the moment. I'd rather SI said for certain one way or the other as I would hate to see multiple posts on the subject when the game comes out if it could have been avoided.

Because the injury and 3D engine got a lot of attention, also please tell me how many goals did your stikers scored during this six months?

I finished my 6 months and found, Raul and Pogrebnyak played most of the game only scored 9 goals. They had a lot of one on one and other close shot chances but most of the shots got blocked. Van Der Vaart played less than 10 games and scored 10, almost all of his goals are from set pieces and long shots.

I set all these things but most of the goals still came from long shots and set pieces. My striker is that Zenit forward, Vanni and Raul.

I will try and save you some future pain, this is down to tactics. Tweaking settings will bear fruit- like others have said, I have no problems in one-on-one situations. Plenty scored, plenty saved. If I scored any more in these situations it would become unrealistic. Sometimes tactical problems in other areas of the pitch can lead to strange things like this. Have a fiddle with your tactics and see if there is an improvement. Failing that, the tactics section may help you.

I'm sorry but I really disagree... I have experienced the opposite.

Perhaps you should try to adjust tempo/time wasting and Creativity? As far as I've learnt so far in this game you need to be strict with creativity or your player can become waaay to fancy. Slower tempo along with the right settings for time wasting will ensure that decisions are better.

I did, this still not work.

I'm sure time wasting has nothing to do with this, my tempo is also not quick. Raul had perfect striker mental attitudes.

This does seem strange, I have no problems and tend to agree with the other poster. I'm afraid I've run out of ideas! Do try the tactics section tho, you may find something. WWFan is a gem, he'll help.

i dont have this problem, berbatov and manucho dont miss a thing

Did you finish the six months? How many goals did your stikers scored during this six months?

How many games did you play? How many goals did your striker score?

I know there are some games your strikers can score with close shots, but in most of the games you still need set pieces and long shots to break the square.

I've had a lot of injuries so a lot of the sub appearances are comeback games and a lot of the starts resulted in injury, but my goals are spread around quite a lot: http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goalschelskice1.jpg

In particular, when I play an AMC behind the strikers with often forward runs, I get good results. Joe Cole scored a beauty breakaway goal against Juventus. Anelka and Drogba have also put a couple away (although like I say, injuries have hampered goalscoring more than superkeepers).

Like in FM08, it is likely tactical. People don't like to hear that, but I can see this debate diverging into 2 camps: those adamantly sure that there is a problem, and those who can't see what the problem is. And if there are enough people who have solved the issue I have to think there isn't one.

Am still open minded as to whether there is an issue or not, but at the moment I don't see it. Will await the result from the bugs forum.

I've had a lot of injuries so a lot of the sub appearances are comeback games and a lot of the starts resulted in injury, but my goals are spread around quite a lot: http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goalschelskice1.jpg

In particular, when I play an AMC behind the strikers with often forward runs, I get good results. Joe Cole scored a beauty breakaway goal against Juventus. Anelka and Drogba have also put a couple away (although like I say, injuries have hampered goalscoring more than superkeepers).

Like in FM08, it is likely tactical. People don't like to hear that, but I can see this debate diverging into 2 camps: those adamantly sure that there is a problem, and those who can't see what the problem is. And if there are enough people who have solved the issue I have to think there isn't one.

Am still open minded as to whether there is an issue or not, but at the moment I don't see it. Will await the result from the bugs forum.

I suggest you better finish this six months then you will find the problem. When I played 10 games I also did not notice this much.:o

it shouldnt be to do with tactics. a chance is a chance, its dumb if it cause of some weird tactical irrellatedness.

how many people do you want to scream about it? we already have a few. im pretty sure that in a few months time when the patches come out it will say tweaked ME around goalscoring chances. And how they know that is with our help cause they cant seem to work it out themselves...

Archived