3D on ATI Radeon xpress 200m?

I have the same graphics card on a Fujitsu Siemens laptop with 894 MB RAM (at least that's what it shows in Properties :)) running on Vista Home...

Although I thought 3D wouldn't work - it hasn't passed the test that I found somewhere on the forum - it does actually work on the demo. I selected Low graphical detail under Display & Sound, and ticked only Show Player Names (no stadiums or sky - who needs those, right? ;)) - and it works...

Can't say it's the experience of a lifetime but pulling it off when "The Test" clearly told me I couldn't... priceless :D

The Radeon Xpress 200m is a pretty versatile card but sadly lacking in overall power.

I had one in my old advent laptop and I was quite suprised when it ran (in low res, medium settings) Call of Duty 2, Far Cry, Half-Life 2 and Stalker.

I did once try Crysis on it... after finally managing to exit the 1fps slideshow (all low) I quickly uninstalled it.

Considering though that the 200m is nowhere near as good as the old 9800 pro, the fact that it can run 3d on FM is a pretty amazing feat.

Hey there. I have a different laptop but i have the same graphics card. I created a thread the other day seeing what other peoples performance was on the card and then at the end posted how to improve the performance which i did.

So just go here and you will see what to do! Happy gaming!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57580

I would also advise trying the demo and they are releasing a patch(on release day) which will improve the 2D further but not sure if it will improve the 3D. Have to wait and see i guess.

i regulary play farcry on my laptop with the same card as you , the graphics are amazing and i can play it on high settings if it cant run the fm2009 graphics then i suspect the fm graphics engine hasnt been optimized much.

Archived