Demo doesn't work for me, any point buying game when it's released?

The demo doesn't work for me because my graphics card isn't good enough, so is there any point buying the game when it's released?

Will I be able to disable the 3D match engine and just use 2D? (because I'm guessing that's what stopping me using the demo).

Thanks in advance.

Alex

I checked on Intel's website on graphic cards, and it seemed that my graphic card was better/same as the minumum requirement of a graphic card to play 3D as stated in the system requirements. TBH im not going to buy Football Managaer 2009 unless they sort out the bugs - and that will probably be in February time when the 9.0.2. patch comes out.

In answering your question, if 3D was the only reason you were going to buy this game then there will not be any point buying it. However if you were looking forward to other new features such as press conferences and transfer codes being re-written then it may be worth getting it. I believe in Preferences you can disable 3D (which I will be doing if/when i get the game after 2nd patch is released) as IMO the 3D is pretty horrible.

The demo doesn't work for me because my graphics card isn't good enough, so is there any point buying the game when it's released?

Will I be able to disable the 3D match engine and just use 2D? (because I'm guessing that's what stopping me using the demo).

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Miles said in one of his blogs the team are trying to get the game to work on the problematic graphic cards to at least make it work in 2D.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55372

Fixes and bug-fixing patch details. If your problem is that the game crashes when the the match starts they *say* this will be fixed and you will default to the 2d detail.

Shame you still won't be able to try before you buy, though. Perhaps they should make the patch compatible with the demo AND the full game?

Thanks for all your replies guys.

To answer hazzydeepy, I honestly don't care about the 3D part of things, tried it on a mate's computer and thought it was pointless.

So, in conclusion, it looks like I'll be buying the full game, as long as I can play in 2D though!

Archived