how to set my defenders when playing away game?

Originally posted by Zinedine_Zidane:

The opposite side always play one-two to create one on one opportunities even I have set my defender to play less closing down.How to deal with that?I feel very frustrated with this suck game having countless bugs

set your players the way you do when your at home.

makes little difference unless there are major flaws within your tactics.

and even then it's not that difficult to get a half decent tactic with no real major flaws.

if the oppo are having the time to play one twos then youcould be giving them too much space.

keep a more balanced out look between your defensive and midfield line and make sure your training them well and you're giving them a chance to get to play in a stable defensive line up.

I play my away games with the first 45mins as a more defensive layout such as 4-1-4-1 and closing down at egde of my box only. This lets them come forward but they have to shoot from distance or try and score from a set piece.

In the 2nd half i change my tactics to my 4-4-2 layout and move my DM into midfield and then move my AML who can also be a ST into the ST role. I then move my LMC out to the LM position. Once i done that i change my teams mindset to attacking (only all-out attack if i concede or its 0-0 in last 14mins). Then i set the closing down to often. Once that is done my team come out after the break and go for goal. They close down more and that helps me play passes to my target mans feet.

Its a case of, how strong is your team. I am in my second season as PNE manager. To be honest the first season was a disaster, i spent 3/4 of it in the relegation zone, only escaping by 11points and in 15th position with the last 8 games to go.

The second season is alot better tho. I am sitting in 6th. I think it was because i brought in 9 new first team players and they didnt settle untill now. Where they dont stop scoring lol.

Good luck.

Archived