No offsides? Why?

I made a tactical change as Man Utd, good manager as I am. Put every player upp so my defence line was at halfway-line, I thought that way there be many offsides, how wrong was I. No offsides were called even clearest situations. There were Trow-ins, goalkicks and even straight passes where stiker were 10 meters offside.

Well we lost 13-0, but that's just because all those bloody goals were offsides. :-(

Am I just bad loser, or why weren't those called?

I made a tactical change as Man Utd, good manager as I am. Put every player upp so my defence line was at halfway-line, I thought that way there be many offsides, how wrong was I. No offsides were called even clearest situations. There were Trow-ins, goalkicks and even straight passes where stiker were 10 meters offside.

Well we lost 13-0, but that's just because all those bloody goals were offsides. :-(

You cant be offside from a throw-in.......

For reference, you cant be offside from a throw in! Also, goalkicks, if the oppo player starts his run from his own half then its not offside, same applies to thro balls!

For a start, offsides are not given straight from throw-ins... the team forawrds may not have been offside all these times and the pace of their players may have beaten your and for you to let in 13 goals I suggest you don't play so high again as it only ever works if you have really pacey defenders

You move all players to middle of pitch in formation screen and had no defenders?

Did you look at the match in full to actually see what happened as opposed to just looking at the match stats and assuming there would be a bunch of offsides? If you put no defenders and lots of forward runs then all the attacking players have to do is stand on the half way line and run onto balls over the top from quick clearances with nobody there to cover.

If you watched in full and players were actually blatantly offside for the majority of the goals then post in the bugs forum along with a pkm as it could be an issue. To be honest though I'd prefer they didn't change something just to fix an unrealistic scenario which could potentially cause issues for matches when everything is set up in a realistic manner.

Okey, trow-ins and goalkicks I thought was okey, but what about these:

offside1ms4.th.jpg Clearence from gk.

offside2mc9.th.jpg Defender passes to winger.

offside3si4.th.jpg Huh haa, no offside. ;-)

So not really big thing, as no manager plays as smartly as me, but just intresting to me.

Okey, trow-ins and goalkicks I thought was okey, but what about these:

offside1ms4.th.jpg Clearence from gk.

offside2mc9.th.jpg Defender passes to winger.

offside3si4.th.jpg Huh haa, no offside. ;-)

So not really big thing, as no manager plays as smartly as me, but just intresting to me.

In all of these, the opposition is still in it's own half. No offside.

But are you playing all out attack or what?

How come you have NO defenders?

Just noticed he said that he put his defence up on the halfway line. I presumed he just meant putting the Defensive Line slider all the way to the right. Now I realise he meant actually put his defenders in midfield with nothing behind them...

Archived