Is the injury problem a myth?

Os

I downloaded the demo and got to work, I was a little underwhelmed with the 3d and speed of FM09, Now after 5 or so days I'm delighted. Playing classic 3d now and much happier with it, (I'd like to add I play all my games as full match). anyway back to the injury subject, I started a second game and after browsing a few posts I applied a few little things I picked up. Firstly unlike 08 your players need to be as close to tip top condition as possible say between 94-100 anything below that could be a problem over 90 minutes.

I have very few injuries now, here are a few pointers.

1, Scale back training workload to around the middle of medium in all outfield positions.

2, Make sure you sub players sub 70 condition.

3, Any players below 80 condition post match if you want them to be ready for a midweek game give them rest days from training, it actually works now!

4, Pay more attention to the Natural Fitness attribute rating, This is more relevant now.

5, Also pay more attention with your tempo in match.

I think your pointers are all very good ones, and may belong in T&TT as part of the FM'09 community advice pack.

I think its not a bug so much as an intentional design choice which means our pre-season fitness regime and friendly match handling is much more important for '09 than for any previous version; some will make that adaptation, and those who haven't yet may feel like its a "bug".

(No insult to those who have experienced it intended.)

So if you sub players below 70, and you don't start players below 94%....who is actually in your squad your reserve team every second game? If you play 2 games per week it is almost impossible to keep midfielders and wingers at those numbers. I literally have to sit Fabregas almost every second game because he is "tired" rather than match fit from the game before.

And no it is not my tactics he has average closing down and forward runs set and I play medium tempo.

The other problem I have with the theory of turning down your training to reduce injuries is why would they release the game with default settings that make it almost unplayable in some instances? If it is a known problem then why not just release it with the default setting that will not cripple your squad?

I think for the vast majority of the game the injuries are not too far out of line, but at some points the game just go crazy and seriously injures a lot of players within a span of a game or 2.

So if you sub players below 70, and you don't start players below 94%....who is actually in your squad your reserve team every second game? If you play 2 games per week it is almost impossible to keep midfielders and wingers at those numbers. I literally have to sit Fabregas almost every second game because he is "tired" rather than match fit from the game before. And no it is not my tactics he has average closing down and forward runs set and I play medium tempo.

Have you tried the "Rest Player" option, e.g., excusing the player from training for a day or two so that he regains Condition more quickly?

I'd like to think that it is a myth and that the game is just harder because we have to pay more attention to detail.

I think it would make for a more realistic game in general.

However, for six games in a row as Man City, I've finished the game with 10 men because all of my subs have been used to take off an injured player and then I'll have another one who needs to come off the field too with no subs left to make!

This surely can't be anything other than a bug!? I mean six games in a row!

Plus there are a trillion injuries every week for me but luckily (for now) it's only the reserves being injured for 2 months etc.

I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable poster, but I have to say that the injury bug is no myth. It decimated my Roma squad in no time at all. I won't play the demo anymore. Can't wait for a patched FM09, though!

I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable poster, but I have to say that the injury bug is no myth. It decimated my Roma squad in no time at all. I won't play the demo anymore. Can't wait for a patched FM09, though!
A decimated Roma squad sounds pretty realistic to me. They haven't had a healthy first eleven yet this season.

Had my first friendly, had 7 injuries!!!! WTF?!?!!

How is it not possible for these in game "testers" do not spot a bug such as this? How can we judge a demo when a game becomes so unplayable? SI are morons and I won't be buying it until a patch comes out.

I can just say that i get at least 2 players injured every match, and i mean every single match. Almost all of them gets injured for 2 months. Just a few players was injured for 1 month; and i've had 1 player injured for 2 weeks.

That's on my go with the demo so far.

no ones argueing. i have had this problem as well. ive done everything i can do to keep injuries down and i still get masses of them. As has already been stated i think the main problem is the severity and length of the injuries. i had one of my players get a gashed leg and was out for over a month. maybe he got knifed or something..

it does make playing the demo hard at times. just when you think you are getting into it you lose 3 players in one game to long term injuries. and i know this sometimes happens in real life but Damn its annoying! i know the patch will fix it all and then the game will be great.

Definately not a myth! how do these bugs pass the testers? Plus my players are always easily knackered. Has anyone from SI identified the problem?

PaulC has taken responsibility for it. He said that he was distracted and mistakenly believed that the injuries were about right. Obviously there's more than one tester, but it's good that someone has stood up and taken responsibility.

I'm playing as Man City and have had 2 players injured between the start of the game and the start of the season. Just make sure you give your players 45mins maximum in the first pre-season friendlies and then gradually build up, by the time the season started my players were in superb condition and can cope with playing 2 matches a week well...

It's to do with forward runs it seems. Give them more than a certain number of arrows and they start dying like flies. I tried the default tactic that was already set for Porto....

when the demo ended after half a season, I had 3 non-u19s fit to play...the rest were 16-17-18 year olds...

Archived