3D match engine feature: Action zoom

Now FM has the 3D engine in place and once FM's 3D grows better and bigger maybe it will employ a series of real camera actions in future FM's.

The following is about zooming in on a player that has the ball, you normally see this on real matches on televison or when players are very tightly around each other, you may see this when 1 to 1 passing is employed between 2 players and throw-ins for example.

Comments welcome and please keep on topic.

It would have been cool to be able to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel.

A "dug out" POV camera would have been nice as well, so you can feel like a real manager sitting in the dugout.

I thougth the same think about the mouse wheel. It would be great. They must have thought about it because it's obvious. But of course you need a reason to buy 2010... as always... I wish SI was cuban.

I'm quite happy with the match camera. It moves about to follow the action and you can change it to look at different areas of the pitch without causing any pause or stutter to the gameplay.

A mousewheel zoom would be interesting, but, as a manager, you should really be looking at the whole pitch at the majority of times to see if your team are making the right runs or finding space etc etc. I did find myself trying to zoom in though.

Now a 'dugout camera', as someone suggested, would have been amazing.

Archived