Saving tactics no longer contain a date now???

Why has this been taken out? Last year when you saved a tactic you had the date written on it automatically so you know the last time you tempered with it. Now it doesn't do that WHY?!??!?!

What possible reason was it taken away?!?!?

Also the send player to reserve till match fit is gone - WHY?!?!?

The highlight slider? why has that gone?

Tactic notches now has 2 extra notches (22) and on some instructions it has 20. WHY!?!?!

Why has the arrows been taken out? When I put forward runs > oftern they show up. But what do I do if I want my 3 MC to got diagonally towards the corners how do I achieve that? Setting them to play wider only sets the team to spread out more. But I don't want that I just want those two MC to go diagonally towards the corner.

There seems to be loads of things that has worked great on FM08 but strangely they have been taken out in FM09.

Some PPM has gone too? Why?

the send player to reserve feature has gone.. i loved that, I forget about players in the reserves who are building up fitness. I can't think of a reason to remove it really.

Yes, this was very useful. Personally don't really mind about the other stuff but can see why some may want it.

the send player to reserve feature has gone.. i loved that, I forget about players in the reserves who are building up fitness. I can't think of a reason to remove it really.

No Match Fit reserves

Leave them in your main squad and tick make available for reserves. Use the fitness view to see when they are up to scratch. I don't see how you can 'forget' about players in the reserves with the 09 system. A few extra clicks but not a major hassle in my opinion.

Why the arrows are gone

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=50799

No date on tactics

Tactic > Edit > Import brings you to the tactics folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/Demo. Shows date created in right column as well as in game date plus team in left column.

Extra notches in Tactics Slider

Individual sliders have 20. Maybe a graphical glitch but moving up 1 notch from far left using arrow keys does not cause slider to move. Same for right hand extreme. A little confusing but the values acting as inputs into the match engine still hold. So if you grab the slider and move it to the extreme left, then move the slider up 1 notch using the arrow keys the icon does not move but the value that is used as an input into the match engine does change. But to be honest it is irrelevant as 1 notch change has little impact.

Team slider has two extra notches. When pushed to the extremes these override individual player mentality settings. This only takes effect towards the end of a match (last 15 minutes or so). I would guess the intent is to allow the user to just go for it and shut up without the need for tweaking all 11 players individually assuming their ususal tactic involves setting differing individual mentalities. A little explanation:-

1. If all players set to team mentality then last two notches of Team Mentality = same value = 20

2. If players all given individual mentalities then by pushing the slider of Team Mentality to last notch it tells the code to 'disable' individual mentalities and set all to a value of 20. If you were to set all individual mentalities as 20 it would be exactly the same as pushing the Team Mentality to the All Out Attack setting.

The 'middle' notch not being in the middle again is a graphical thing. Is there a reason for this? Haven't a clue but the Mentality at the midpoint is still the midpoint. So if you move it 10 notches form either extreme you are still at the 50% mentality mark. There is absolutely zip effect on the 'balance' of your tactical system.

PPMs gone

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55209

No Match Fit reserves

Leave them in your main squad and tick make available for reserves. Use the fitness view to see when they are up to scratch. I don't see how you can 'forget' about players in the reserves with the 09 system. A few extra clicks but not a major hassle in my opinion.

Why the arrows are gone

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=50799

No date on tactics

Tactic > Edit > Import brings you to the tactics folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/Demo. Shows date created in right column as well as in game date plus team in left column.

Extra notches in Tactics Slider

Individual sliders have 20. Maybe a graphical glitch but moving up 1 notch from far left using arrow keys does not cause slider to move. Same for right hand extreme. A little confusing but the values acting as inputs into the match engine still hold. So if you grab the slider and move it to the extreme left, then move the slider up 1 notch using the arrow keys the icon does not move but the value that is used as an input into the match engine does change. But to be honest it is irrelevant as 1 notch change has little impact.

Team slider has two extra notches. When pushed to the extremes these override individual player mentality settings. This only takes effect towards the end of a match (last 15 minutes or so). I would guess the intent is to allow the user to just go for it and shut up without the need for tweaking all 11 players individually assuming their ususal tactic involves setting differing individual mentalities. A little explanation:-

1. If all players set to team mentality then last two notches of Team Mentality = same value = 20

2. If players all given individual mentalities then by pushing the slider of Team Mentality to last notch it tells the code to 'disable' individual mentalities and set all to a value of 20. If you were to set all individual mentalities as 20 it would be exactly the same as pushing the Team Mentality to the All Out Attack setting.

The 'middle' notch not being in the middle again is a graphical thing. Is there a reason for this? Haven't a clue but the Mentality at the midpoint is still the midpoint. So if you move it 10 notches form either extreme you are still at the 50% mentality mark. There is absolutely zip effect on the 'balance' of your tactical system.

PPMs gone

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55209

Ok thank you but the save tactic thiing doesn't show the date of tactics made. Last year when you tinkled the settings and save it, it saves it has 442-Date. Now it just saves it unless you type in another file name.

Ok thank you but the save tactic thiing doesn't show the date of tactics made. Last year when you tinkled the settings and save it, it saves it has 442-Date. Now it just saves it unless you type in another file name.

Now I get what you mean :thup:

Not something I noticed before as I tend to be systematic in how I save tactics (v1, v2, etc) but I can see how it would be annoying.

Archived