WWSM (STEAM) release date moved to Nov 17th?

Just checked STEAM and the screen now says WWSM release is Nov 17th. 1 week 3days 11 hours. I have a screen-shot but cannot attach it here and am on my lunch hour so don't have time to try to figure out imageshack(never used it). It's been on there as the 13th since it was first listed.

Can someone from SI or Matt-Sega please check on this?

Last year it was available from Boonty the same day as FM2008 released, I thought we were past WWSM being the redheaded stepchild. If this is the case should we also expect our patches to be 3 days behind FM? Not cool.

I hope this is wrong. If true there will be much complaining from your fans in the States. I have never bought FM but have supported WWSM. This year I ran across a great deal from gogamer on FM and preordered it. However I canceled and went back to WWSM because it was on STEAM and I could get it the same day as the FM release, Nov 14th. If we are backtracking here it will be the last year for me to buy WWSM. It will be FM from now on.

Please sort it out SI.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just checked STEAM and the screen now says WWSM release is Nov 17th. 1 week 3days 11 hours. I have a screen-shot but cannot attach it here and am on my lunch hour so don't have time to try to figure out imageshack(never used it). It's been on there as the 13th since it was first listed.

Can someone from SI or Matt-Sega please check on this?

Last year it was available from Boonty the same day as FM2008 released, I thought we were past WWSM being the redheaded stepchild. If this is the case should we also expect our patches to be 3 days behind FM? Not cool.

I hope this is wrong. If true there will be much complaining from your fans in the States. I have never bought FM but have supported WWSM. This year I ran across a great deal from gogamer on FM and preordered it. However I canceled and went back to WWSM because it was on STEAM and I could get it the same day as the FM release, Nov 14th. If we are backtracking here it will be the last year for me to buy WWSM. It will be FM from now on.

Please sort it out SI.

Just checked steam says it's due to come out in 6 days 5 hours, that might be because i'm in the UK tho.

Mine says Nov 17 too. I'm from Canada. I guess they are postponing the release for North Americans. Kinda disappointed tbh. I've prepurchased already and was excited to get the full game in my hands for next weekend. I guess I might have to cancel the order, and see how people say about the game and decide if fm09 is worth my purchase.

I'm in the US and it says NOV 17.... I swear just a few days ago it showed Nov 14, though. Why's it changing for everyone?

Ya, same here. Didn't even notice the date change till I saw this thread. (it personally doesn't matter to me. I'm ordering it near Christmas time.)

If you could find a decent UK proxy it would work but the problem is they are usually slow and I would think the potential for something to go wrong during the download/install process and lose your $30 is pretty good.

well i think you need proxy just for purchase... well what will happen if i buy FM09 in eg. Croatia and then travel to USA?

I think you need proxy just for purchase...

in other hand

i think SI moderators will slap us for talking about this.

Do SI release that this will lead to many people canceling their orders on steam? The only reason I purchased the game on Steam was, because I could get to playing it on the 14th... So what if the game is buggy aren't they going to release a patch on release day? will the overall release day be postponed or will north americans be the only ones to suffer...

Why American films are released on the same day worldwide as far as I know... Plus we elected Obama you should be nicer to us from now on :D

nope not true. eg madagascar 2 release in USA 7th Nov, in UK 5th Dec. a whole month there. although you havent had Bond yet :D

Obama is a hammers fan, ill let you off.

Will Fm still cost 30 bucks if I order from a UK proxy or will it be 58 bucks or whatever? If we get the game4 days after the UK even though it's a digital download than I don't know what to say it's unbelievable in fact feels like I've been disrespected too.

Well, crap. Just got home from work and at least expected a "we'll check into it" reply.

For me it sucks as I have every other weekend off. And of course I'm off the release weekend and was looking forward to playing some football. Wouldn't feel so bad if they had just had Nov 17th up all along but to change it one week before release is just wrong. Could have just as well left in my preorder with gogamer for the "real" FM.

Still hoping that someone from from SI\Sega will look into this.

There will be a digital download for macs, but I think it may be released a few days after the official released date. Which is part of the reason for me choosing to go with steam as I own both a PC and a mac even though I'd prefer to play the game on my macbook pro I'd rather not wait to start playing the game.

There will be a digital download for macs, but I think it may be released a few days after the official released date. Which is part of the reason for me choosing to go with steam as I own both a PC and a mac even though I'd prefer to play the game on my macbook pro I'd rather not wait to start playing the game.

Can anyone verify how much longer you'll have to wait for the mac download to be available?

Also, is it for FM, WWSM, or both?

Thanks.

They are looking into it. My steam game unlock now states 4 days and 20 hours it will be unlocked meaning i will get it thursday arvo and by the time its downloaded etc with the patch and authorised ready to play on fri morn UK time.

I pre-ordered my copy of WWSM off of Amazon.com and sometime last week the release date was changed to the 17th as well. So it isn't just Steam. It seems those of us in the new world will just have to wait an extra few days to get the game. I just hope patches are released at the same time as FM patches..or better yet have FM patches also work for WWSM. Otherwise this is going to be a huge drag.

Apologies for the delay in responding but I haven't been on the forums since I finished work yesterday.

I believe this is so that we have release consistency with the retail version - the retail release date with Amazon in the states is 17th as far as I know.

I don't know that for sure, however, and will add it to the list of questions I'm asking on product availability via Steam at present and will try and arrange for an announcement on Monday of next week answering all your questions.

Apologies for the inconvenience - as I've said elsewhere, this is a bit of a learning experience as we've not used this before. We appreciate your patience.

Ha! I am in the USA, and if this is true, it just reinforces why I buy the Football Manager from Gameplay.com every year. Not to mention, having football being called soccer over and over gets under my skin.

Even with the game coming Monday\Tuesday I'll still have it before my imported copy would have arrived. But that's not really the issue to me. It's the fact it was presented to us that it would release via STEAM the same day as FM and was then changed after we all got on board and preordered.

I'd like to think this wasn't intentional but did they really just this week go "oh, wait a minute we need to delay the US release 'til first of the week because that's when amazon is allowed to ship their copies."? It's been listed on Amazon.US for a 17th\18th release from the beginning.

My concern now is if we delay release by three days are we back to patches being three days later too? I'll go back to we buy WWSM because Sega wants us to support it. But if this changed date is true, which I believe it will end up being, than I will no longer support the WWSM brand. It will be FM imported from now on. It may mean I get the game even later than getting WWSM on STEAM but at least I'll never have to wonder what level of support I'll be receiving.

I hope I'm wrong about this and the STEAM date is moved back to the 13th. Maybe it was just an error on STEAMS part thinking that the US norm is a Tuesday release?

With regard to soccer, with the uk english included in the game, the only place the word soccer appears is on the splash screen.

Every year the way they release the game in North America is screwed up. For the first time this year it appeared we were going to finally have a way to get the game on release day. All of us on the other side of the pond here were very excited. Now we get this total BS with the release date changing. All I can say is it better be a mistake and get fixed. If not I am done. WWSM it a good game, but between all this release date crap and the buggy releases the last couple of years it is not worth my time or money. It is time they step up and show true customer service. Changing the release date a week before is horrible customer service and should not be tolerated.

Dawg

Apologies for the delay in responding but I haven't been on the forums since I finished work yesterday.

I believe this is so that we have release consistency with the retail version - the retail release date with Amazon in the states is 17th as far as I know.

I don't know that for sure, however, and will add it to the list of questions I'm asking on product availability via Steam at present and will try and arrange for an announcement on Monday of next week answering all your questions.

Apologies for the inconvenience - as I've said elsewhere, this is a bit of a learning experience as we've not used this before. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your reply, Matt. I'm probably going to get WWSM through Steam this year and I was quite annoyed that the release date for WWSM09 was 3 days later than the FM09 one. But seeing that SI is working hard to fix up all the clinks in the demo and on steam, I'm willing to be patient about this. :)

And with all the changes with FM09, we're all learning on the fly. :D

I'm looking forward to a response on Monday. :)

Well I know this might sound lame but for games like Socom and Resistance, because they are on a physical disc (I think you can DD socom). It takes longer to ship

If its digital distrubution in case of WWSM. Then, I dont understand the logic behind their decision, people knew when they were buying their Amazon copy that it would take longer to ship.

un-f'n-believable. Year after year SI pay lip service saying they are trying to improve overseas service and year after year they are empty promises.

Off to cancel my Steam order. Flying back home next weekend to visit the folks, so will pick up a proper copy of FM09, and help SI with further reducing their WWSM09 sales.

I seriously doubt that 4 days is going to kill a game market.

No it won't kill the market. But it does hurt Sega in their attempts to increase their presence in the US with regard to WWSM\FM. They want and have even asked, in the past, that US players support WWSM as a way to help them establish what their market is.

I know of many US players that won't touch WWSM with a ten foot pole. They believe the game is treated like a second class citizen so they pay more and import FM every year. Posting a release date through STEAM that is the same as FM only to change it with a week to go isn't going to convince them to change their minds. It is more likely to change those, like me, that have supported WWSM into FM importers.

Just curious if there are any other Aussies out there looking at getting FM09 from Steam? The reason I ask is the release date coming up for me is November 12th, "This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 21 hours", which puts it at 12noon on the 13th (EDST), a day earlier than what I had thought. Also, the release date has been the same for 2 days now... Anyone know if this is an error?

Cheers

Archived