Why do players take the ball right to the byline before crossing??

Even if you set it so they cross from deep they still run the ball as close to the byline before crossing?

They can't seem to pass the ball to the fullback. And when they do the fullback instead of crossing they run to the byline then cross.

This is ANOTHER bug isn't it?

look at your tactics regarding crossing. you can change how often and from deep or byline. so no i wouldnt say its a bug.

Hey said he's setting it to cross from deep.

Check the players that repeatedly do this and look at their instructions and try to find a way to fix it. I would start out looking at passing, the AI is very strict on what is a pass and what is a cross, so won't 'cross' it across the field in some instances if passing is set to short. Also look at individual players doing this and what their creativity is set at.

Other than that I'm not sure, I've been mostly toying with longball tactics and haven't seen this.

I've noticed this too and it is really annoying, in fact my wingers often reach the byline, im screaming at them to cross and they still decide to try and run all the way round the defender and into the box themselves. Although in a way I can't blame them for not getting the early cross I would love them to deliver in because I also notice my striker not getting his arse into the box as the winger is running down with plenty of space to deliver a decent early ball.

Even if you set it so they cross from deep they still run the ball as close to the byline before crossing?

They can't seem to pass the ball to the fullback. And when they do the fullback instead of crossing they run to the byline then cross.

This is ANOTHER bug isn't it?

It's what players usually do in real life. By crossing from the byline instead of before it, the ball is travelling away from the goalkeeper, and more importantly, the forward gets to head it forward to goal, making it far more likely he'll get a good header in.

From experimenting it is due to the high CF.

With high CF he does what ever he wants. So he will just keep running and running till he hits the byline before cross. Giving him little CF seems to making him cross the ball where there are space.

How high have people got their CF?

I've been playing a diamond 442 so this hasn't been an issue for me. The only time I saw this was when I made my formation really narrow, my fullbacks were running to byline and crossing but I didn't mind because it was creating a lot of chances.

I think it has to do with your Forward runs-Often. When you set it Often, you MR is position high up the pitch thus making him think running to the by line and crossing is the better idea since by line crosses are much more dangerous.

You can try setting it to Mix or Rare but you also have to Push Up your defensive line so your team will bring the play higher up the pitch. This should cause the opponent's defensive line to drop off some, your strikers are closer to goal and in better position to head the ball. By then maybe there will be more crosses from deep.

Archived