good times

Mine just happened, CL final as Villa against Juventus. Was down by 3 at the half and pretty gutted, at half I created a tactic from scratch and switched to a 4-3-3 that I had never played in the 16 seasons with this team, made all 3 subs at the half.

Have a young Belgian forward I was grooming to be target man playing as the CF and he had 2 goals off set pieces and set up the 3rd to send the game into extra time. Juventus scored within 4 minutes and reverted back to their defensive formation then in the 2nd half of extra time we got a penalty and forced it into penalties.

I was pretty worried as my team had some terrible penalty takers and their keeper was far and away better than my 19 year old French upstart. But we came away with the win, and the morale of the team all changed to superb and we went on a 12 game winning streak and we're currently top of the table with 6 games to go and a 2 pt lead over West Ham with the final game of the season being away to West Ham...shaping up to be the most dramatic end to a season I have yet had in CM or FM.

as man utd i needed a win away against aston villa on the final day of the season to win the league, anything less meant chelsea would take it. it was 2-2 with 94 minutes played and i was watching the 2d play out the match until with the last kick of the game rooney volleyed the winner from 20 yards to get me the title. two of my flatmates were watching over my shoulder and couldnt believe it either, whilst i went mental and did a few laps of the house. ah good times..

Taking Knockbreda FC to the Quarter Final of the Champions League. Holding about 15 Records (Maybe more) in the FM08 Records thread, Winning 3 FM08 Challenges, Sign Ups and Experiments Awards, and Getting 1 of my youth players from AFC Wimbledon into the England Sqaud at the age of 19. (I was not England Manager).

The other best thing about FM08 was my very own Youth Player Project. 23 seasons of youth players, and my very first youth player, John Adam spending 19 seasons with the club, playing in Blue Square South, Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1 and the Championship, and Getting 1 U-21 Cap for Scotland, before becoming a Physio for my AFC Wimbledon team. Brilliant Stuff.

Archived