Petty revenge - nicknames

just wondering if any body else has lost the plot when bottom of the league and doing crap and added nicknames to the whole squad?

some of the more printable ones ive used include: useless tub of lard, mr cant score, plank, idiot, old codger and look at me im crap.

I hope that's not why I think it is.. :(

I'm shocked Mike, I thought you would have a higher opinion of me than that :( Neil Lennon is without doubt the least gifted footballer I have ever had the misfortune to watch live, that's why I dislike him so much. I could stand in the centre circle, control the ball and pass it to the centre backs for 90 minutes twice a week, yet people seemed to think he was good :eek: Another reason I really hated him was that Steve Lomas was actually better, but nobody ever said anything about him.

I don't really want to go into it, but the whole Neil Lennon and Northern Ireland thing was blown out of all proportion. Yes some idiots did something bad, but I booed Lennon as much as I booed Gillespie, who is protestant and adored Michael Hughes who is Catholic.

I'm shocked Mike, I thought you would have a higher opinion of me than that :( Neil Lennon is without doubt the least gifted footballer I have ever had the misfortune to watch live, that's why I dislike him so much. I could stand in the centre circle, control the ball and pass it to the centre backs for 90 minutes twice a week, yet people seemed to think he was good :eek: Another reason I really hated him was that Steve Lomas was actually better, but nobody ever said anything about him.

I don't really want to go into it, but the whole Neil Lennon and Northern Ireland thing was blown out of all proportion. Yes some idiots did something bad, but I booed Lennon as much as I booed Gillespie, who is protestant and adored Michael Hughes who is Catholic.

Sorry if I offended you. You definitely don't seem the type to have disliked Lennon for the reason I was worried about.

And yeah, he was pretty crap, wasn't he?

I just pick a name from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPS_United team

With names like Danger Fourpence, Laughter Chilembe, Limited Chikafa, and Gift Makoloni I just want to recreate this team in whatever league I'm in.

Also read their team history, my favorite part is:

The team’s fans christened the club "The Green Machine" because of its colours and were regarded in the Zimbabwe Media as a threat to vegetation as they would cut tree branches to use as regalia in supporting their team.

What other team in the world of football has ever been regarded as a threat to vegetation??

People have to earn their nicknames from me, like the guy who seemed to score an amazing long range shot after a corner all the time became known as Luiz "Thunderbolt" Carlos and the super substitute striker that scored a hat trick against Man U to send me to champions league final became known as Sifis "The Almighty" Pavlidis. It works the other way too, Francesc Fabregas landed himself with a very alliterative middle name while Eddie Johnson found questions arising about his legitimacy. Generally my players get good ones and other teams guys bad ones :)

People have to earn their nicknames from me, like the guy who seemed to score an amazing long range shot after a corner all the time became known as Luiz "Thunderbolt" Carlos and the super substitute striker that scored a hat trick against Man U to send me to champions league final became known as Sifis "The Almighty" Pavlidis. It works the other way too, Francesc Fabregas landed himself with a very alliterative middle name while Eddie Johnson found questions arising about his legitimacy. Generally my players get good ones and other teams guys bad ones :)

i tend to think they've earned their nicknames when im bottom of the league as well as top

I used to change Paul Gasgoine's name to Gazza. And I used to change Alex Ferguson (pre-Sir) to "Red-faced Scumbag", but I can't be bothered with petty stuff like that.

I tend to use the nickname thing to make at-a-glance notes.

1. With scouts I add their nationality to their real name, eg, "Mike Rigg -- ENGLISH". This means I can send them to the appropriate country and hopefully bring more accurate results.

2. With newgens, I might add an attribute, eg, "Anthony Borat -- STRONG, GOOD HEADER", although I have a bunch of personalised abbreviations so this would normally read "Anthony Borat -- ST, Gd Hd"... means I can check through my shortlist quicker and replace certain players if I sell them or they get too old.

Archived