Laptop Help please!!

I know this should be in the demo sticky,but I could do with some urgent help!! I have until 5pm to decide if I want this laptop, reading through some threads I'm sure it will be OK,but need to know before I lay out any cash if it will run FM09 !!

Intel core 2 duo processor t5750

(1.83 ghz,667 mhz, 2mb cache)

Genuine windows vista home premium

4gb memory

320gb hard drive

ddr2 ram

graphics card MOBILE INTEL GMA

type x3100

Thanks for all your (urgent!!) help.

Thanks guys, I'll hold off then!

Its from PC world (free but £40 per month for 2yrs) with 5gb of downloads and 200 texts, as I'm paying 30 odd quid a month with virgin for my broadband & line rental I thought it would be worth it to play FM and use web on lunchtimes etc.

Does anyone know of any laptops on a similar deal to that, that would take FM09????

Hey, before you do something stupid check the terms of the mobile broadband deal. You will get screwed royally if you use the internet for anything other than the odd email and browsing. 5Gb of data is nothing over a month, and (from memory) all bar T-Mobile charge a ridiculous amount per Mb you use over the top of the limit and they won't let you change to a different plan. You really need to do your homework before signing up.

Hello all

I'm in the computer shop and would like to know if this graphics card is good enough to run 3d?

ATi Mobility Radeon HD3650 - 512 mb

2ghz processor

3 gb ram

thanks

That's a much better choice. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE FREE LAPTOP OFFERS. They can end up costing a fortune. Ask how much you'd pay if you went 1Gb over the download allowance.

I know this should be in the demo sticky,but I could do with some urgent help!! I have until 5pm to decide if I want this laptop, reading through some threads I'm sure it will be OK,but need to know before I lay out any cash if it will run FM09 !!

Intel core 2 duo processor t5750

(1.83 ghz,667 mhz, 2mb cache)

Genuine windows vista home premium

4gb memory

320gb hard drive

ddr2 ram

graphics card MOBILE INTEL GMA

type x3100

Thanks for all your (urgent!!) help.

Ignore other people's comments about graphics, x3100 runs the 3D absolutely fine. No comment on the deal itself though.

yeah that would be alot better

I have a 2ghz Proceesor Pent 4 with 512 RAM and a mobility Radeon 7500 and the 3d mode wont work. Ive heard that this is prob becus I have a laptop and therefore a mobility radeon not a normal one. I also heard they might be bringing a patch out to solve this for laptop users. Does anyone know if this is true. Id be grateful for any reply, cheers

I have a 2ghz Proceesor Pent 4 with 512 RAM and a mobility Radeon 7500 and the 3d mode wont work. Ive heard that this is prob becus I have a laptop and therefore a mobility radeon not a normal one. I also heard they might be bringing a patch out to solve this for laptop users. Does anyone know if this is true. Id be grateful for any reply, cheers

It's because this is a really old graphics card (6 years or so).

You can try using the third-party drivers from here but I can't guarantee it will work at all: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

It's because this is a really old graphics card (6 years or so).

You can try using the third-party drivers from here but I can't guarantee it will work at all: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

- Thanks mate, will try that. Didn't realise my graphics card was that old but I checked and ur right. Damn lol. Spose its probably not possible to install a new graphics card in a laptop either.

Archived